No announcement yet.

Dumb argument that boxing fans love to make

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb argument that boxing fans love to make

Let me preface by saying that this does not apply to all boxing fans.

I am was all cool with fighter X but his fans are insane. Because of his fans I don't like the fighter anymore. This makes zero logical sense. Think about applying this logic to some other situations. I used to love steak from " Madison Steak House" but people on yelp people keep saying its the best steak humanity has managed to grill so far. Now I don't like it because people are over hyping it. I don't know about you but as long as that hype did not raise the prices on those steaks to crazy levels I am still gonna eat them. What people say about fighters doesn't in any way change the reality of how good a fighter is and his style. Sure it might influence the fighter but this is not what I am talking about here.
    Conclusion If you dislike a fighter because of his fans you are not an objective boxing fan who appreciates boxers for what they do in the ring. You are an emotional fan just like all the fanboys.

Originally posted by wlad1111 View Post

I am was all cool with fighter X but his fans are insane. Because of his fans I don't like the fighter anymore. This makes zero logical sense. Think about applying this logic to some other situations. I used to love steak from " Madison Steak House" but people on yelp people keep saying its the best steak humanity has managed to grill so far. Now I don't like it because people are over hyping it. I don't know about you but as long as that hype did not raise the prices on those steaks to crazy levels I am still gonna eat them. What people say about fighters doesn't in any way change the reality of how good a fighter is and his style. Sure it might influence the fighter but this is not what I am talking about here.
    Conclusion If you dislike a fighter because of his fans you are not an objective boxing fan who appreciates boxers for what they do in the ring. You are an emotional fan just like all the fanboys.
    Punking fans with double standards and holding fighters accountable for their statements or contradictions is what makes this website luxurious. It coidl have something I'm to do with the fighters too. The best fans are those who don't like their fighters criticized yet they love to criticize other fighters and call them cowards.

Somehow in the global world of boxing there's a consistency with Eastern European fighters.

Comment

I for one don't base my opinions on someone else's.

It's a simple sport. What you see is what you get. No more no less. Even judges don't always make the right decisions.

So why get influenced by anyone's take when you have your own?

Haters hating say more about themselves than the fighters they hate.

Comment

you applying this logic doesnt encompass everything....if people were hyping Madison Steak House while bashing Ruth Chris or STK or Prime 112 all the time than it might make a more accurate comparison.....

you are forgetting that part of the equation....its ok to hype your favorite steakhouse...its not acceptable to do so while trashing other great steakhouses that have been around longer and actually have better reviews and a michelin rating

when you do this you are not a fan of steak, atmosphere and impeccable service......you are a fan of madison steak house because you want to act like a foodie snob

Comment

its always funny to me when guys try to make this same point....but leave out the part where the fanbase bashes more accomplished fighters than their favorite...they let their guy off the hook for the same behavior that they bash other guys for......try holding all fighters(or steakhouses) to the same standard and there probably isnt a problem

but guys cant explain why its ok for golovkin to ask for a CW but not cotto.....or why its ok for golovkin to fight a WW but not ok for canelo....or one of the many double standards...."hey its ok for ggg to make business decisions but not other guys"....

why its ok to say "ggg fights quality top 10 MWs"...but go on to bash wards resume and pick holes in his 168 campaign......

you guys always forget this part of the whole equation...always manage to leave it out when you want to complain about fanboys making people have a distaste for certain fighters
          Last edited by Curt Henning; 12-31-2017, 10:29 AM.

Comment

im sure by the end of this you will tell me "well thats just how it is all fanbases do that"......but thats simply not the whole truth of it

golovkin fans simply dont want him held to the same standards as they hold other fighters to...or vice versa.....but you wont answer the biting questions i posed....youll just make some vague statement again about how all fanbases are guilty of what i said and skirt around them

Comment

This is true.

I've liked many fighters and still do, despite their annoying fans.

But you have to expect a lot of that on here. People on here aren't interacting with the fighters. They interact with each other. When a fan of any fighter gets on their nerves and then another fan of the same fighter does so and another and so on, then they get to hating the fans but also the fighter. It's weird how that happens but it does.

However, I will say I've seen a number of posts complaining specifically about the fans while giving respect to the fighter, as it should be.

Comment

How about if you support Golovkin, Kovalev, and Lomachenko you're just a boxing fan. However, if you support Mayweather, Ward, or Wilder you're labeled a racist.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
                  How about if you support Golovkin, Kovalev, and Lomachenko you're just a boxing fan. However, if you support Mayweather, Ward, or Wilder you're labeled a racist.
                  Or how about it that if you support Kovalev, Loma, Pacuqiao, GGG, you are only supporting 1 dimensional brawlers and have no idea about boxing. And if you support Ward, Floyd, RIgo Wilder, you are a boxing fan that knows the sweet science.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                    Or how about it that if you support Kovalev, Loma, Pacuqiao, GGG, you are only supporting 1 dimensional brawlers and have no idea about boxing. And if you support Ward, Floyd, RIgo Wilder, you are a boxing fan that knows the sweet science.
                    I need you to point to one poster that's ever called Lomachenko a one dimensional brawler.

Your argument would have been much more effective if you didn't put Lomachenko in there.

Comment

Working...
                    X