Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Badou Jacks vacated, Stevenson/Jack happening?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Bivol is gonna be the WBA champ as Ward retired and Jack Vacated. God there's too many belts

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
      Is a Stevenson-Jack fight really more lucrative in Canada than a Stevenson-Alvarez fight?

Stevenson-Jack was cool as a unification, but without that it's a meaningless fight to me.
      It's not even a real unification. Jack had the baby version of the wba

Comment

I figured part of the reason Jack fought Cleverley for the belt was so that he could fight Stevenson, and it would count as a unification and therefore make it possible for Adonis to bypass Alvarez yet again. Maybe Jack is going for one of the belts Ward vacated instead, hard to know how the sanctioning bodies will handle that situation. As with Crawford giving up his straps at 140 I have a bad feeling we're just gonna get a bunch of 'good fighter vs random you've never heard of' vacant title fights.

Comment

Originally posted by GriffTannen View Post
          It's not even a real unification. Jack had the baby version of the wba
          Ward vacated his WBA Super title and the WBA is going to one belt per weight class so Jack-Bivol would have been for the sole WBA belt.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
            I figured part of the reason Jack fought Cleverley for the belt was so that he could fight Stevenson, and it would count as a unification and therefore make it possible for Adonis to bypass Alvarez yet again. Maybe Jack is going for one of the belts Ward vacated instead, hard to know how the sanctioning bodies will handle that situation. As with Crawford giving up his straps at 140 I have a bad feeling we're just gonna get a bunch of 'good fighter vs random you've never heard of' vacant title fights.
            WBA has Bivol #1 and Barrera #2. WBO has Gvozdyk #1 and Kovalev #2. IBF has Beterbiev #2 and Koelling #3, #1 is vacant. So there are your 3 vacant LHW title fights if everyone comes to terms.

Comment

If he's fighting Stevenson I'm cool with this. If he's fighting a tune up before Stevenson he should've fought Bivol for the full title since Ward retired and the Stevenson fight would be for 2 titles

Comment

No, Jack wanted to fight Stevenson and have a unification fight with Ward. That's obviously not happening now

Comment

Working...
                X