No announcement yet.

Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Tony Ferguson targeted for UFC event on April 18

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Tony Ferguson targeted for UFC event on April 18

The long awaited showdown between lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov and Tony Ferguson is being targeted for a UFC pay-per-view on April 18 in Brooklyn, N.Y.

Multiple sources confirmed the fight is currently in the works when speaking to MMA Fighting on Monday following an initial report from ESPN.

UFC president Dana White confirmed plans for the fight in April, although negotiations are still ongoing, which means nothing is official until both athletes have agreed to terms and return signed bout agreements.

Assuming both sides eventually come to terms, Nurmagomedov would clash with Ferguson on April 18 after the fight had previously been scheduled on four separate occasions.

Several injuries and a botched weight cut prevented the previous fights from happening but now the UFC will try to book Nurmagomedov against Ferguson again.

Undefeated through his entire career, Nurmagomedov will look for the third defense of his lightweight title after submitting both Conor McGregor and Dustin Poirier in consecutive fights. Nurmagomedov has been a human wrecking machine since first arriving in the UFC but he may be facing his toughest test to date in April

Ferguson has rattled off 12 wins in a row in the lightweight division including a brief stint as interim champion after he defeated Kevin Lee in 2017.

In his last two outings, Ferguson has brutalized Anthony Pettis and Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone in a pair of TKO victories to cement his spot as the No. 1 contender at 155 pounds.

Nurmagomedov vs. Ferguson will undoubtedly be one of the biggest fights of 2020 as the lightweights look to settle a long standing grudge after their four previous attempts to face each other fell apart.

Finally, great fight, not sure who to bet on.

I think the safest bet is that one of them gets injured and the fight gets postponed again.

Comment

Put money on Tony.

Comment

that's still a long ways from now.

Comment

I hope this fight takes place

Comment

Fuk yer can't wait.
            I hope Tony messes up his face and tkos him but I think the eagle will get Tony on the ground and that's the last place you want to be against Khabib.
            Been waiting for this fight for a long long time.
            Last edited by BLASTER1; 12-10-2019, 04:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X