No announcement yet.

Joshua has post KO syndrome

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
    Well it comes across like you're not giving him any chance from what is written, but maybe you have a language barrier (I don't know)

He will make a better job of walking Fury down then Wilder did. Wilder doesnt put his punches together or close distance well, his style is to wait on openings and shoot his power, hes unpredictable and very fast, so it's more about concentration but I think Joshua will cause Fury more problems stylistically and he still carries fight ending power.

And he has got dynamite in his hands also, not like Wilder, but he would be the biggest puncher that Wilder has faced...everyone puts hands on Wilder so both fights are very intriguing stylistically and need to be fought

I see a lot of posters very sure that he doesnt beat both...I'm not very sure, how can you be? He has the tools to do both jobs, his chin may let him down, it may not.
    ... OK...

I'll just quote from another post of mine here:

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...6#post20242626

... "I have nothing against Joshua... In fact, before the first fight, I voted (here, in the RBR thread) for a AJ KO win, and i even posted that he will KO Ruiz anytime starting with the 1st round...

... and then I watched the fight unfolding... (and when I watch I really "watch")..."

Comment

He looks like a entirely different fighter/person. Not all fighters are susceptible to such a fall-out from a defeat 'Amir Khan seems quite resilient even though he has suffered devastating defeats, and of cause Lennox Lewis seemed to grow even stronger from defeat'.

Comment

I wouldnt come to conclusion just yet. If Joshua looks timid again in his next couple of fights, then we know he’s changed.

This was only his first fight back after suffering his first loss so he had to modify his style to win the rematch. I dont knock on him for that. He deserves credit for adapting and overcoming adversity.

Only a foo makes the same mistake twice in the ring. Should Joshua have fought aggressively just as he did in the first fight?

As I stated yesterdAy, some matches you fight to win and others you fight to impress. Last night, all Joshua had to do was win and he did it.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
          He looks like an entirely different fighter/person. (...)

... tell me, please: did he change his very poor upper body movement and/or head movement?... No?... Then OK...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
            ... tell me, please: did he change his very poor upper body movement and/or head movement?... No?... Then OK...
            I am referring mainly to his demeanor inside of the ring, technically NO he has not massively changed. Pauli Malignaggi, summarized the point I have made on these forums numerous times during the fall out of the rematch 'The victory by no means was a master class, Joshua fought a Olympic styled point scoring fight' Joshua was doing enough to hit the target, but he was not hitting through the target 'That is why Ruiz Junior seemed unaffected by his power, and was bulling Joshua back all night'.

Technically I don't really think it was a greatly executed big man type of fight, Lennox Lewis vs Mike Tyson, David Tua and Tommy Morrison those fights where classic examples of how a bigger man should use all his attributes/skill to demoralize and destroy shorter fighters 'Joshua got the win, but as a fighter he is clearly still overcoming the damage he sustained intrinsically from the first fight'

If a third fight was made, It would be a 50/50 fight again 'I picked Joshua to win'

Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 12-09-2019, 06:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
              I am referring mainly to his demeanor inside of the ring, technically NO he has not massively changed. Pauli Malignaggi, summarized the point I have made on these forums numerous times during the fall out of the rematch 'The victory by no means was a master class, Joshua fought a Olympic styled point scoring fight' Joshua was doing enough to hit the target, but he was not hitting through the target 'That is why Ruiz Junior seemed unaffected by his power, and was bulling Joshua back all night'.

Technically I don't really think it was a greatly executed big man type of fight, Lennox Lewis vs Mike Tyson, David Tua and Tommy Morrison those fights where classic examples of how a bigger man should use all his attributes/skill to demoralized and destroy shorter fighters 'Joshua got the win, but as a fighter he is clearly still overcoming the damage he sustained intrinsically from the first fight'

OK... Thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                He's become Wlad. But, I don't think he'll ever have that same level of talent prime Wlad had.
                This is exactly what I saw I even laughed harder when I found out wlad was part of his camp
                Last edited by A.K; 12-09-2019, 06:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                  Fury will slap him into submission... and Wilder will KO him cold...
                  welp that settles it then. hope you make bank

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                    I thought Joshua fought a very brilliant fight. It was a masterpiece. I will go on to say that it was perhaps the best performance of his career. I've never seen him move and box like that while pumping the jab and landing the occasional right hand behind it.

In addition, he even shook Ruiz several times in the fight and wanted to end it but he thought better of it in being wise and not repeating the same mistake twice by being over reckless and over exuberant as was the case in their first bout.
                    yeah it sort of appeared that way....but then you have to take into account who he was doing it against...a short guy with short arms and no foot speed....who was chasing him around the ring and standing in front of him

then take into account is fairly apparent that ruiz was just there to cash the check...

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                      yeah it sort of appeared that way....but then you have to take into account who he was doing it against...a short guy with short arms and no foot speed....who was chasing him around the ring and standing in front of him

then take into account is fairly apparent that ruiz was just there to cash the check...
                      Yeah, you make a great point and are absolutely correct. Ruiz did not show up to win but to cash out. Also, he has very slow feet and can not fight at short range.

If this fighting style is going to be Anthony Joshua's norm then I don't see how Andy Ruiz has any chance of ever defeating Joshua again due to his being handicapped by too many physical limitations.

Joshua is taller, bigger, stronger with a much longer reach. Unless AJ decides to get reckless like in their first fight and get caught in the exchanges, then Andy Ruiz is at a very huge physical disadvantage.

Comment

Working...
                      X