No announcement yet.

Ducking? He hasnt fought anyone!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ducking? He hasnt fought anyone!

I see this posted on here over and over and heck I may have been guilty of it a time or two.

People love to talk about how boxing is a business and because of Floyd everyone wants the fighters to make the most money.

I want to see Tank VS Loma but I know they are letting that fight build. Im not blaming Tank or Loma because they're trying to build this to a PPV event. Same goes with Wilder and AJ or Spence and Crawford ect ect.

Sure, no one wants to wait but you guys did this to yourselves. People want the fighters to get paid and this is how they are doing it.

I mean does anyone really think fighters are scared to fight each other?

scared of being embarrassed and taking a loss, absolutely.

Comment

no they arent 'letting the fight build', that implies its a mutual decision to marinate it. Anyone with half a braincell (so that excludes at least a third of the forum) can see who is avoiding the fight.

Comment

Maybe the unrealistic purses that Mayweather made in recent years has affected it too. It seems to me that fighters expect too much money these days. Mayweather has also affected PPV numbers negatively after the very dull Pacquiao fight and the freak show against McGregor. It's all Floyd's fault.

Comment

I have to know the actual offer that is on the table before I can tell if I think a boxer is ducking or not. How much money was the boxer offered and where was the fighter supposed to take place. These things are important.For instance GGG has long been accused of ducking Ward by his haters. As I remember it Ward challenged GGG to fight him in the media at 168 when GGG had a legally binding title defense against Lemieux coming up shortly and could not fight anybody but Lemieux. After GGG KOed Lemieux Ward had moved to 175 and said he was never returning to 168. There never was an actual offer on the table for GGG to fight Ward so how could he possible duck him when no offer to fight was actually made. If there was an offer then what was it???? How much money was GGG offered to fight Ward at what location? Nobody seems to know but they still insist GGG ducked Ward. Suppose they wanted to underpay GGG and fight him in Ward friendly Oakland at 175? Like I say I have to know what offer is on the table to decide if a boxer is ducking. Not just for GGG but for all boxers.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            I have to know the actual offer that is on the table before I can tell if I think a boxer is ducking or not. How much money was the boxer offered and where was the fighter supposed to take place. These things are important.For instance GGG has long been accused of ducking Ward by his haters. As I remember it Ward challenged GGG to fight him in the media at 168 when GGG had a legally binding title defense against Lemieux coming up shortly and could not fight anybody but Lemieux. After GGG KOed Lemieux Ward had moved to 175 and said he was never returning to 168. There never was an actual offer on the table for GGG to fight Ward so how could he possible duck him when no offer to fight was actually made. If there was an offer then what was it???? How much money was GGG offered to fight Ward at what location? Nobody seems to know but they still insist GGG ducked Ward. Suppose they wanted to underpay GGG and fight him in Ward friendly Oakland at 175? Like I say I have to know what offer is on the table to decide if a boxer is ducking. Not just for GGG but for all boxers.
            In this particular case the duck wasn't the money or the scheduling. The duck was team GGG insisting the fight would only happen at 164. This was after they approved 168 for both Froch and Chavez Jr. They knew Ward could barely make 168 and 164 was out of the question. By insisting upon 164, they could act like they were interested in a Ward fight without actually having to fight him. After this Ward moved up to fight the light heavy #1 in the perceived killer Kovalev and Ggg drug the #3 or #4 welter weight (Brook)up not one but two weight classes for a fight.

Comment

"Letting the fight build" is the same thing as ducking to me.

They're dodging an opponent because there's a good chance they lose & they'd rather make a few paydays first then cash out.

None of them are "afraid" of each other in a schoolyard brawl sense. They've all been doing this for so long that it's just shift work.
              Last edited by ////; 01-19-2019, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
                I see this posted on here over and over and heck I may have been guilty of it a time or two.

People love to talk about how boxing is a business and because of Floyd everyone wants the fighters to make the most money.

I want to see Tank VS Loma but I know they are letting that fight build. Im not blaming Tank or Loma because they're trying to build this to a PPV event. Same goes with Wilder and AJ or Spence and Crawford ect ect.

Sure, no one wants to wait but you guys did this to yourselves. People want the fighters to get paid and this is how they are doing it.

I mean does anyone really think fighters are scared to fight each other?
                the fighters want whatever is gonna get them money. they arent afraid to fight at all.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
                  In this particular case the duck wasn't the money or the scheduling. The duck was team GGG insisting the fight would only happen at 164. This was after they approved 168 for both Froch and Chavez Jr. They knew Ward could barely make 168 and 164 was out of the question. By insisting upon 164, they could act like they were interested in a Ward fight without actually having to fight him. After this Ward moved up to fight the light heavy #1 in the perceived killer Kovalev and Ggg drug the #3 or #4 welter weight (Brook)up not one but two weight classes for a fight.
                  True, by the time Ward actually wanted the fight, or said he did, Golovkin had very little interest or reason to fight Ward at 168. Where was Ward when the MW division was dead and Golovkin wanted the fight?

Fighting Froch or Chavez at 168 (more than Canelo would do) were fights Golovkin felt he could win without actually moving up.

Comment

Originally posted by chitownboxing View Post
                    the fighters want whatever is gonna get them money. they arent afraid to fight at all.
                    Totally agree. Most professional boxers have been in the game since they were kids and I believe there's nothing inside the ring that scares them. The cowards are the managers and promoters

Comment

Working...
                    X