Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arum is panicking because Crawford/Khan PPV flopped

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

200k is not bad. You couldnt even sell 20 cupcakes in one night f outta here

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post

And they fought in Pontiac Michigan at the Silverdome. Wtf was that?
      The promoters for the bout were Don King and garbage ass Gary Shaw. They went with whoever gave them the biggest site fee.

Shaw told Boxing Truth Radio once that he invested less than $500 in his fights. He’d take the site fee and the TV fee let the networks worry about promotion.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
        lol how could he be panicking at the press conference when they had idea what it had sold yet lol.

Crawford was guaranteed 5.5 million. WBF IBF WBC already said a 100 times Spence was guaranteed 8 mil for mikey so you saying Crawford and khan was each l guaranteed more than mikey and garcia is a flat out lie.

I’m sure they lost money and probably expected it. When Crawford goes back to espn he will be back at 3.65 mil a fight which is in the budget so no buyout is needed. Tyson Fury is making more than that and not on ppv. U are underestimating the espn budget.

If you want to talk to about losing money on ppvs. Haymon didn’t make anything on Spence Mikey when he had 12 mil guaranteed in the main event alone and 13.5 in ppv revenues off 360k buys.

To make it worse Haymon lost a TON on Pacquiao Broner. That’s what happens when u guarantee Manny 20 mil and Broner 4 mil for an event that only does 400k buys. That fight lost more than Crawford-Khan. So are u saying Haymon is panicking and getting ready to buyout Manny hmmmmmm?
        If the PPV does under 250k buys (let alone under 200k buys), Arum needs to admit a few things:

1. Crawford will be the B-side heading into the Spence fight
        2. ESPN is not this big "megaphone" that helps PPV buys
        3. He can scrap the joint PPV crap, since that is not happening if his guy can't even do 200k buys, and shoot, combined in both his PPVs would have done under 300k buys. And not like Spence is this mega name where this fight is going to do close to a million buys or anything.4
        4. To make the Spence fight, he will likely have to send Crawford over. In the mean time, he can go offer crazy money to DSG and try to make that fight next.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
          The promoters for the bout were Don King and garbage ass Gary Shaw. They went with whoever gave them the biggest site fee.

Shaw told Boxing Truth Radio once that he invested less than $500 in his fights. He’d take the site fee and the TV fee let the networks worry about promotion.
          I think i was living in Pontiac around that time. That building was way past its prime at that point. The owner bought that building for less than the cost of a nice home in Troy, Michigan. Built for $55mil. Sold for $580k

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
            Yes, sir, you are right. But why can't I change my mind after seeing how vicious Garcia looked? I know he was fighting Granados, but I never saw him so vicious and determined. I have never seen Danny that way before.

Things and minds change. Never said he would beat either. What agenda? Garcia vs Spence would be great, if they wanted to avoid dealing with Arum.

To add, neither Spence nor Crawford looked great to me.
            I didn't think he looked great, the little I saw of the Granados fight, but that's okay if truly you changed your mind. I don't see how an opponent like Granados could change your optics of another fighter, to go from Berto level to above Crawford, but okay, that's between you and yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
              true...although I don't mind paying for a legit ppv quality fight. when was the last time we got a really good fight on free tv that wasn't a premium subscription channel?
              The only fights on free TV are PBC. In the time buy era, we got some pretty good fights, but now in the paid era, they appear to be giving everyone a showcase fight before building to bigger things.

Fans should buy whatever fights they think are worth the money. I just have no issue if a fan is happy that Crawford vs. Khan flopped, because everybody knew that fight was a joke and had it done well on PPV, there'd be no incentive for the promoter to present something better in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                90% of PPV's are bought the day of the fight. The tracking for the fight was 100-150 K it might hit 200k but that would be where it tops out.

Both fighters had a higher guarantee than Spence/Garcia. Arum lost his shirt on that fight. That's why he was screaming boycott PBC & playing the race card after the fight. He needs Haymon to save him from a bad deal he signed.

People keep saying Crawford was stupid for resigning with Top Rank. Not me. That was the best decision he could've made. Arum was stupid resigning Crawford to that deal. Now he needs Haymon fighters to recoup his losses &.make good on the promises he made to ESPN .

Crawford's trainer/manager Bomac said Crawford would fight 3 times a year the next 3 years. I don't see that happening. Brook is a good fight but not PPV. Top Rank is losing money on Crawford's fights. A buyout may be imminent.
                Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                200k for Crawford fight is massive it means the ESPN mega phone is a real thing
                Ummm 200k would be good.

Peeps were hyped Spencer did 300k...and he had free advertising on national TV.

TC doing 200k while being like 15:1 favorite is very good.

Comment

Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
                  I didn't think he looked great, the little I saw of the Granados fight, but that's okay if truly you changed your mind. I don't see how an opponent like Granados could change your optics of another fighter, to go from Berto level to above Crawford, but okay, that's between you and yourself.
                  The reason isn't Granados. It's Spence, Crawford, and Danny. Neither Spence nor Crawford looked amazing to me, given who they were fighting. I'm actually more their fan than Danny.

Danny Garcia was fighting an OK fighter like there's no tomorrow and didn't care anymore. I was impressed with that and want to see if he would fight that way against either Spence or Crawford, as he said post fight. That's all.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                    Yes, sir, you are right. But why can't I change my mind after seeing how vicious Garcia looked? I know he was fighting Granados, but I never saw him so vicious and determined. I have never seen Danny that way before.

Things and minds change. Never said he would beat either. What agenda? Garcia vs Spence would be great, if they wanted to avoid dealing with Arum.

To add, neither Spence nor Crawford looked great to me.
                    Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
                    The ****** says Danny looked "vicious" beating up a journeyman (after ducking Terrence) while Terrence won every round and forced Khan to quit and Errald shutout his LW opponent...ya def not look great

******s gonna ******

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
                      Ummm 200k would be good.

Peeps were hyped Spencer did 300k...and he had free advertising on national TV.

TC doing 200k while being like 15:1 favorite is very good.
                      Anything under 200k should not be PPV.

Spence/Garcia did 360-400k. Canelo/Khan did 460k.

Comment

Working...
                      X