Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Hoping That Canelo Knocks Out GGG Now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
    I picked GGG to no Jacobs under six but also predicted that jacobs would go the distance. And in the Miguel cotto fight he didn't extend torso but rather stay still on his own range within his reach because of his cautious approach from miguels left hook. A weapon ggg has all too well. Canelo also has trouble fighting fighters that has a power jab and has to resort extending unnecessary too much that would leave himself open. Canelo may have a jab and would move his upper body also for the sake o keeping one at bay. But you also missed one crucial part. His over extension to commit with a jab that is vulnerable to counters. And also Canelo doesn't have the height that jacobs has to lean away from ggg when ggg will be throwing.

Him knocking out Chavez is to gauge his power but. Not the gauge. To measure his ability to react to counters.
    I don't see Alvarez knocking out Chavez Jr. Do you mean stoppage? Cotto is a mover and a good counter puncher. Comparing Cotto for a 155 battle vs a 10 pound difference is reasonable let alone the skill difference?

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
      I don't see Alvarez knocking out Chavez Jr. Do you mean stoppage? Cotto is a mover and a good counter puncher. Comparing Cotto for a 155 battle vs a 10 pound difference is reasonable let alone the skill difference?
      Stoppage i mean. Thanks for the correction. Gennady golovkin is also a good mover in circling the ring oht againstnfigbters that has stationary footwork. Ggg's left hook is a similar weapon to whAt cotto does but the issue is that ggg will have a much easier time having to predict where his placement of punches is going to be because Canelo will not have the heightnto lean away from gggs punches. You will notice Ggg's left hook to the head disappeared after a few rounds when he found out jacobs was able to lean away all too easily from the punch because he does have a 3 inch height advantage. And ggg uses his left hook for.fast counters while tucking his chin underneath his right hand guarding his cheek. And Canelo failed to materialize on showing how he can defend from the left hook because he always drops his right hand because h wants to follow up with a straight right and that was cotto's biggest accomplishment against Canelo.

Comment

Golovkin out boxes canelo and stops him. Jacobs being a giant next to gg along with his movement plus hi power that made him gunshy was the reason why. But canelo.doesn't have the power nor does he have the legs to get away from golovkin and does not have the range to out jab him.
        He hardly looked like a giant standing next to him... The size difference wasn't a big deal at all. Jacob made him miss and made him look stupid, and he exposed Golovkin for being one-dimensional.

Where do you get off saying Canelo doesn't have the same power? He's been draining himself to make Junior Middleweight forever.

Comment

i don't think he can KO golovkin
          but he'd decision him if it go distance, canelo should maximize his handspeed advantage

Comment

Originally posted by LockardTheGOAT View Post
            He hardly looked like a giant standing next to him... The size difference wasn't a big deal at all. Jacob made him miss and made him look stupid, and he exposed Golovkin for being one-dimensional.

Where do you get off saying Canelo doesn't have the same power? He's been draining himself to make Junior Middleweight forever.
            lol, u don't know ****
            then explain why golovkin landed more punch than jacobs

Comment

As much as I would like that to shut up the fake fans it wont happen, I don't know if canelo could win either, it'll the first time he's the smaller man.

Comment

Stoppage i mean. Thanks for the correction. Gennady golovkin is also a good mover in circling the ring oht againstnfigbters that has stationary footwork. Ggg's left hook is a similar weapon to whAt cotto does but the issue is that ggg will have a much easier time having to predict where his placement of punches is going to be because Canelo will not have the heightnto lean away from gggs punches. You will notice Ggg's left hook to the head disappeared after a few rounds when he found out jacobs was able to lean away all too easily from the punch because he does have a 3 inch height advantage. And ggg uses his left hook for.fast counters while tucking his chin underneath his right hand guarding his cheek. And Canelo failed to materialize on showing how he can defend from the left hook because he always drops his right hand because h wants to follow up with a straight right and that was cotto's biggest accomplishment against Canelo.
                Alvarez has the complete set of skills and intuition to break down Golovkin. Either in stoppage or UD. I see Golovkin looking deteriorating in performance after the 6th. If Alvarez KO's GGG that's because of mistakes. Also we've been saying here that Father Time is a thing, best believe at 35 against someone like Alvarez. However, Bhop, RJJ, and Toney showed that's ain't no thing, so I could be wrong.

I'm just basing that Golovkin has been looking slower past 30 years of age. Golovkin is perhaps the best in the sport on how to setup power shots that will hurt opponents, strategic thinking, but Golovkin is not heavy handed. His snap breaks down guys and doesn't give them the benefit to reset properly. Same thing with Nelo. Nelo has snap but not heavy handed. But that's why most have failed against GGG. It takes other elites to neutralize that or any objective comparison for ggg's capacity. That what real championship boxing is about.

There are so many great bouts in boxing to come. Wilder vs Fury or Klitschko is what the sport needs. Wilder vs Joshua is also a mega bout. Those are really really good fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
                  Alvarez has the complete set of skills and intuition to break down Golovkin. Either in stoppage or UD. I see Golovkin looking deteriorating in performance after the 6th. If Alvarez KO's GGG that's because of mistakes. Also we've been saying here that Father Time is a thing, best believe at 35 against someone like Alvarez. However, Bhop, RJJ, and Toney showed that's ain't no thing, so I could be wrong.

I'm just basing that Golovkin has been looking slower past 30 years of age. Golovkin is perhaps the best in the sport on how to setup power shots that will hurt opponents, strategic thinking, but Golovkin is not heavy handed. His snap breaks down guys and doesn't give them the benefit to reset properly. Same thing with Nelo. Nelo has snap but not heavy handed. But that's why most have failed against GGG. It takes other elites to neutralize that or any objective comparison for ggg's capacity. That what real championship boxing is about.

There are so many great bouts in boxing to come. Wilder vs Fury or Klitschko is what the sport needs. Wilder vs Joshua is also a mega bout. Those are really really good fights.
                  Agreed, there too many mysteries going in. And in these bouts we could see how. Do you think GGG is a late bloomer? He started professionally at age twenty plus. Marquez was 34 when he fought Manny the second time but many considered him "In his prime" in that fight.

Comment

Agreed, there too many mysteries going in. And in these bouts we could see how. Do you think GGG is a late bloomer? He started professionally at age twenty plus. Marquez was 34 when he fought Manny the second time but many considered him "In his prime" in that fight.
                    I just don't like marketing ploys that mess with the integrity of the sweet science.

As Jacobs said, even though we knew before, but GGG has been setup with fights strategically...

I have NO PROBLEM with Golovkin fighting conservatively at 168 in winning a belt. Even at 175. Golovkin doesn't need to prove to anyone in KO results here forward. If Golovkin wants to be great, he has to move up NOW and beat any Champ at his game, comfortably, box, etc...Or else it's apparent that Golovkin is milking out a division because of his capacity, something in which many elites could do as well...

It's just that the Gennady train does more of a disservice to him in general.

''don't point your fingers and blame others...cowards do that...'' - Rocky Balboa

if the narrative is that fighters don't want to fight you than move up ffs!!! Even Arum said that

Comment

Originally posted by LockardTheGOAT View Post
                      Now that he's been exposed as just an ordinary fighter that looked extraordinary due to beating a bunch of bums, is anyone hoping Canelo sparks him out and ends the hype train once and for all? Canelo has more longevity to him, and he already has a much longer and better resume than Golovkin does anyway, so who hopes that Canelo just goes ahead and puts this one on his resume as a big win and gets it over with? It would make beating Canelo all the more impressive in the future as well.

Imagine he KO's Golovkin and then speaks his first words of English in the post-fight interview: "I'm not surprised, motherfuckers."
                      That GGG was exposed is your opinion and not a fact. Since you are wishing a KO defeat on him you are just another one of the extreme GGG haters on here. As a GGG hater your opinion on anything to do with him is bias and worthless. He is still the champ and he still has all the belts but one and he should own that belt soon. I think both GGG and Canelo are great fighters and a fight between them would be an even fight. I don't wish a KO defeat on either of them. If they fight I hope it goes the distance and is a great fight. The kind of fight that both the winner and the loser are praised and they both can be proud of their performance in the ring.

Comment

Working...
                      X