Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather: I Completely Changed The Sport

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess Pep, Ray Robinson and those dues from the black and white screen days didn't get attention...then Leonard, Duran, Hearns, Hagler, Chavez, Pea, and those dudes didn't get attention....it was ALWAYS about the big boys right?!? C'mon Floyd...stop it bro!!!

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
      I'd give more credit to barrera, hamed, morales, mckinney etc for bringing attention to lower weight classes before floyd. People will always want to see exceptional fighters no matter what the weight class...look at michael carbajal.
      Do any of those guys appear four times in the top 10 ppvs in boxing? Do any of them hold down the top 3 positions in that top 10?

I THOUGHT SO!

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
        Lol yes you did.

You proved that with great wealth you can exploit the loopholes of boxing and Vegas.

Cherry picking to the last drop or to the very end cough cough, Berto lol

You can buy almost anything. Judges, referee, drug testing agency, even a promotional company to work for you and later piss on it after you've exploited it. (Golden boy promotions).

Learned to master the art of clinching to prevent an opponent from ever countering back as long as Bayless was your ref lmao

Learned to master how to diffuse a fight by doing a marathon event instead of fighting in the ring.

Learning to get a TUE 3 weeks after a fight so IVS can be used.

Yes you did change boxing. You showed how to fight queer and making audience fall asleep is what you've contributed in boxing lol

Spoon!!! Now we are on the same page!!! Agree with many things you posted.
        Look how I voted.

Comment

Correct statement from Mayweather should've been:

"As a professional fighter, I completely changed the sport. At one time everyone was only interested in boxing. And when I came into boxing, everyone started paying attention to MMA," Mayweather correctly said.

"As I was growing in media importance, the number of fans of MMA grew, and because of that more and more boxing fans left this sport. So we rewrote history."

Comment

This is just blatantly untrue. By his own admission no one even paid attention to Mayweather until he was nearly a welterweight.

Comment

floyd made boxing a breeding ground for cherry picking cowards and closet ****s.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
                Lol yes you did.

You proved that with great wealth you can exploit the loopholes of boxing and Vegas.

Cherry picking to the last drop or to the very end cough cough, Berto lol

You can buy almost anything. Judges, referee, drug testing agency, even a promotional company to work for you and later piss on it after you've exploited it. (Golden boy promotions).

Learned to master the art of clinching to prevent an opponent from ever countering back as long as Bayless was your ref lmao

Learned to master how to diffuse a fight by doing a marathon event instead of fighting in the ring.

Learning to get a TUE 3 weeks after a fight so IVS can be used.

Yes you did change boxing. You showed how to fight queer and making audience fall asleep is what you've contributed in boxing lol
                Sugar Ray Robinson. #1 ATG!! Better than Floyd, manny DLH, and a classy guy. But a different era! He didn't cherry pick, but he beat the crap out of people.

Comment

Floyd ****ed the game: Floyd gave Us Mr. 155

He is the father a the ****ing modern Diva.

A-side to the extreme, always worried about tilting the playing field.

Picked ring size, judged, local, gloves of opponents, etc.

Waited out the dangerous fighters until he knew his running style could keep them from doing anything.

Stick and move my assssss. His style was move, clinch, a tap your opponent, and then clinch and run.

His biggest win came five years too late, after Manny was damaged goods.

And let's not forget, hiding his weight. Like Fischer says, Floyd is very big now. He is probably a legit JRMW in the ring--although JRMW like Lara, Andrade, and Charlo are MW sized fighters, it's all jacked up.

Floyd Mayweather was a stepping stone to the next iteration, Canelo Alverez. Ginger, a Legit MW, CW King, refuse to be a MW, creating his own division crap.

Without Floyd, Canelo may of never tried this I'm a 155 fighter BS.

Comment

Originally posted by Philantro View Post
                    Correct statement from Mayweather should've been:

"As a professional fighter, I completely changed the sport. At one time everyone was only interested in boxing. And when I came into boxing, everyone started paying attention to MMA," Mayweather correctly said.

"As I was growing in media importance, the number of fans of MMA grew, and because of that more and more boxing fans left this sport. So we rewrote history."

Hahahahaha

Spot on bro!

Comment

Floyd did the change the sport.

All these younger fighters think they're Floyd and wanna be the A side fighter making big money while acting like other fighters haven't earned the right to fight them yet, but these young guys never actually paid their dues like Mayweather did.

Fighters are now officially business men. I'm all for fighters getting paid and not taking unnecessary punishment fighting too long, but I also want to see the best fight the best in their primes. I don't give a damn about gloves, judges, catchweights, ring size, jock strap sizes, etc. I just want to see the best fights made. There has to be a healthy balance.

Comment

Working...
                      X