Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least they support their fighters...for better or worse.

Look at Amir Khan. If he was from anywhere else he wouldnt be nearly as delusional. And if he was we’d never hear of it.

Comment

YES! That is no disrespect to the great UK fans BUT some fans just seem to be just happy to have a UK fighter in the conversation but not willing to see their fighters risk it all to prove they're the very best while in the US standards are unrealistic basically which is why it is harder to become a Star in the US

When you're use to watching greatness you're not as quick to just crown any and everybody the "Next Big Thing"

Comment

Who has called Whyte elite? there are no elite fighters in the division so that's a bit weird.

Comment

It's sour grapes and damage control. So Fury tells it like it is, and now Wilder is picking on him. It's the total breakdown of their false narrative.

Comment

Originally posted by Accolade View Post
            I've never seen someone call Dillian Whyte an elite fighter outside of the British fans. What's wrong with them?
            They don't have a lot to choose from.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
              At least they support their fighters...for better or worse.
              I think that's it in a nutshell.

In my eyes it's a trade off, two flips to a coin. In the UK they support their fighters, boxing is more important, they've done well in recent years, and they have most of the heavyweight belts.

The other flip to that is that this includes a lot of casual fans that aren't really deep fans of the fight game, they're just happy a Brit is on top.

Comment

Originally posted by club fighter View Post
                I think that's it in a nutshell.

In my eyes it's a trade off, two flips to a coin. In the UK they support their fighters, boxing is more important, they've done well in recent years, and they have most of the heavyweight belts.

The other flip to that is that this includes a lot of casual fans that aren't really deep fans of the fight game, they're just happy a Brit is on top.
                I understand and applaud them supporting their fighters.

What I don’t get is Eddie Hearn’s cult-like following. The man openly contradicts himself and blatantly lies at times and some treat him as if his every word was carved on a stone tablet atop a mountain by God himself.

He’s a freaking promoter of the Bob Arum “Yesterday I was lying, today I’m telling the truth” variety who will say any and everything to get attention or sell a ticket, which is not unusual. But I’ve never seen a boxing promoter with a group of supporters who thinks he’s a golden idol the way some of these Brits regard Eddie.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                  YES! That is no disrespect to the great UK fans BUT some fans just seem to be just happy to have a UK fighter in the conversation but not willing to see their fighters risk it all to prove they're the very best while in the US standards are unrealistic basically which is why it is harder to become a Star in the US

When you're use to watching greatness you're not as quick to just crown any and everybody the "Next Big Thing"
                  Is this a joke?

In the US, you get fighters like Spence and Golovkin who have very thin resumes apart from 1 name, in both cases was a fairly even fight..

Wilder has an even worse resume. There are a few US based fighters with decent resumes like Kovalev and Lomachenko, but to say the US has unrealistic standards is laughable.

On the other hand, look at tHe matchups that the biggest U.K. fighters have had. Joshua has had Klitschko, supposed to have Pulev, Parker and now Povetkin, all top opponents. Brook fought Spence and Porter, both undefeated. Whyte has fought Joshua, Parker, Chisora and Browne. Groves has pretty much fought everyone at his weight, bar 1 or 2.

Froch before he retired had literally the best run of names in entire sport, back to back.

This notion that U.K. fighters have lower standard opponents has no justification. I would argue the opposite, in that US fighters need to start stepping up

Comment

what posters have called him elite? names please cause ive never seen it. All ive seen is some people including myself say he could beat ortiz which really isnt that outlanding considering his CV is quite a bit better than ortiz's now and far younger.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
                      Is this a joke?

In the US, you get fighters like Spence and Golovkin who have very thin resumes apart from 1 name, in both cases was a fairly even fight..

Wilder has an even worse resume. There are a few US based fighters with decent resumes like Kovalev and Lomachenko, but to say the US has unrealistic standards is laughable.

On the other hand, look at tHe matchups that the biggest U.K. fighters have had. Joshua has had Klitschko, supposed to have Pulev, Parker and now Povetkin, all top opponents. Brook fought Spence and Porter, both undefeated. Whyte has fought Joshua, Parker, Chisora and Browne. Groves has pretty much fought everyone at his weight, bar 1 or 2.

Froch before he retired had literally the best run of names in entire sport, back to back.

This notion that U.K. fighters have lower standard opponents has no justification. I would argue the opposite, in that US fighters need to start stepping up
                      It is a reason why fans in the JS don't just jump on any and every fighter. When you've seen Ali, Ray Leonard, Hagler Roy Jones Jr, Mayweather the Standard and the expectations to fill those Boxing ICONS Shoes makes things unrealistic.

Same with with Sports like NBA Basketball! Kobe Bryant, LeBron James are held to or is expected to match the Standard of Michael Jordan which is UNREALISTIC!

So no in America we're not going to just crown Wilder KING, sure he has some bias fans who support him but NO Wilder is not a big Star yet because the Sport Fan in America need to see more first before crowning him.

Comment

Working...
                      X