Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you rather see fight Kovalev?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canelo-Kovalev is a super fight so I’d rather see that.

Comment

I want Canelo to fight him. I am sick of Canelo and would enjoy watching Kovalev beat Canelo up and knock the arrogant nasty boxer out. Then Kovalev can fight Yarde next.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        I want Canelo to fight him. I am sick of Canelo and would enjoy watching Kovalev beat Canelo up and knock the arrogant nasty boxer out. Then Kovalev can fight Yarde next.
        The thing here is Kovalev is washed up bro. That is exactly why Canelo wants to fight him.

Comment

If Canelo was truly going to challenge himself and not put stipulations on the weight, I'd love to see that fight as that would be a ballsy statement that would get my respect, win or lose. Like when he fought Mayweather and he earned my respect, despite getting clowned badly.
          I don't think Canelo is about that life anymore though. I have no interest in seeing him catchweight Kovalev.

Comment

Originally posted by RENE BOX YOUNG View Post
            The thing here is Kovalev is washed up bro. That is exactly why Canelo wants to fight him.
            He's still a hell of a lot bigger than Canelo though and he's a legit 175lber who can hurt guys. I think it's a legit 175lb fight for Canelo, IF it's actually at 175.
            If it's not, it's more shameless weight manipulating bullshyt.

Comment

Beterbiev, Gvozdyk or Bivol are the obvious choices. Canelo is not even an option if he won't face Kovalev at 175 with no weight restrictions...which he won't.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                He's still a hell of a lot bigger than Canelo though and he's a legit 175lber who can hurt guys. I think it's a legit 175lb fight for Canelo, IF it's actually at 175.
                If it's not, it's more shameless weight manipulating bullshyt.
                To a certain extent, size is important, but not if you are washed up and out of your prime. Plus, info is already circulating that Canelo is slapping rehydration clauses and that nonsense he usually does to gain advantage in a fight. That is why this fight doesn't mean much and it isn't real competition for Canelo.

Comment

If Canelo was truly going to challenge himself and not put stipulations on the weight, I'd love to see that fight as that would be a ballsy statement that would get my respect, win or lose. Like when he fought Mayweather and he earned my respect, despite getting clowned badly.
                  I don't think Canelo is about that life anymore though. I have no interest in seeing him catchweight Kovalev.
                  Wait it's ok for Canelo to have to sacrifice and agree to go down in weigh to fight Floyd who had already TWICE fought at 154. But it's not ok for Kovalev to have to do what Canelo did and sacrifice to get the fight against Canelo who has NEVER fought at 175 and just fought his last fight at 160. What a hyprocrite bytch you are. Ok for Floyd to drain canelo with catchweight demand in a weight class he's already fought in and when the difference in his normal weight class and Canelo's weight class was 7lbs (147 to 154). But Canelo is somehow a coward if he demands a catchweight when the difference in weigh classes between them is 15lbs (160 to 175)?

Comment

I think you are right about Canelo not about that life anymore. After all the special treatment he has been getting with special belts made for him with GGG Canelo bout and Jacobs fight, and suddenly vacating his middleweight title by being named a Franchise Champion etc, I don't really think he is looking for tough competition. I think he will just do his best to ease his way on fulfilling his contract with DAZN and on to retirement and living happily ever after. I got a video on my You Tube channel called "Mexico's Perspective on Canelo", and that explains how Canelo isn't really all that is hyped up to be about him. Mind you, he is a great fighter, but not legendary great like Oscar de la Hoya and Chavez Sr.

Comment

Working...
                    X