Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Povetkin Tests Positive For Meldonium, Wilder Title Off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Povetkin Tests Positive For Meldonium, Wilder Title Off

Yet another major fight in Russia falls prey to a drug testing scandal. In a surprise twist, however, it is the local boxer who is caught in the crosshairs. BoxingScene.com has learned that Alexander Povetkin produced a positive drug test for the recently banned supplement Meldonium ahead of his May 21 title challenge versus Deontay Wilder, due to take place at Megasport Arena in Moscow, Russia.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 05-13-2016, 03:10 PM.

100% not shocked at this result. I'm sure myself &/or others might have said outright or joked about it happening matter of fact if you look in past threads.

Wow.

Comment

Not at all surprised.
      One of the most suspect athletes in boxing imo

Comment

It's meldonium people, it's meldonium. Before you speak about steroids, it's meldonium.

Comment

Meldonium is what Sharapova failed a test for, it is a heart drug which was outlawed in September 2015.

Comment

Although this is that newly banned drug that that sexy ass tennis chick tested for that seems to be a lil in limbo with WADA &/or other groups right now so who knows what this could mean.

Povetkin might be lucky this vitamin C of Russian PEDs was caught via that f#ckable tennis chick & now may or may not be considered a PED.

Comment

Russia's favorite drug lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                Meldonium is what Sharapova failed a test for, it is a heart drug which was outlawed in September 2015.
                seems like half of russia is on that stuff. state sponsored as well

ffs povetkin. this was my most anticipated fight

Comment

lol imagine if wilder was he one that failed. This place would be jumping.

This is no surprise whatsoever, especially with what's been going on in the Russian programs in the Olympics and world championships

Comment

i knew it....Povetkin has a weak heart

drop this fight

bring on King Kong vs Wilder

Comment

Working...
                    X