Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cancel Culture & the Woke Left

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Equity of outcome is what will eventually destroy humanity.
    Its pure social engineering.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
      Creating this thread to document this growing social, economic and political movement of, what some observers, call the “cult of Diversity Equity and Inclusion,” “intersectionality” or “wokeness.”

You might want to sticky something like this. Identity politics which, as a philosophical movement, is misunderstood, created a back door for a slow process of cynical thinking, where people are turned into victims and told they are worthless and need the help of the power structure to succeed. this results in the power structure shaping human lives, as a means to an end, for the purpose of serving the interests of power and not the interests of progress.

When I was a teacher at Thurgood Marshall High school in San Francisco, we were in the toughest neighborhood in the city. Crime, shootings, more social malaise than even some of the bad areas in Oakland. These kids put up with all kinds of situations: when I taught one year, there were 4 shootings, my companion teacher for the grade was murdered in China while on vacation, etc. Somehow as a community we made it through these events: I taught both classes, so the kids did not have to deal with a substitute while grieving, we had the kids and parents come in during the shootings, I went to meetings with social workers to show the kids I was there for them...

Then it happened! Thurgood Marshall, despite the location had been declared a special school with programs in technology and popular sciences. Many kids were not able to graduate because the requirements were tougher. The school district made the school a regular school. There was a riot. Seems like the kids could whether most any storm, when there was support from the community as a whole. Things like what I could do as a teacher, which included sometimes taking my entire class to lunch at a barbq place on third street, teaching martial arts, going to meetings, things like that... And things like having parents that cared for some of the kids, and having an administration that cared enough to let these things happen...

But the one thing the kids could not bare was being told they had been given up on. That "its ok, if you cannot graduate, we can drop down the requirements" which angered them so much that a full scale riot ensued. The only other time I had seen something like this was when the district started closing schools, and parents and kids would scream that their school provided for them...

And I posted this because that is what identity politics does: It tells people "its ok, your a victim and we will take care of you" which is why everyone is so angry. Take the residents of Ferguson Missouri. Abused by a corrupt system that would throw them in jail, charge them, when they had little money to start, creating life changing events from a mere traffic stop... Conditions worse than debtor's prison was how the municipal system in that municipality was described when it finally was put into the light of justice. What happened with Michael Brown, regardless of whether it was right or wrong became the final straw, because when his body was left out in the street, like it was, it became symbolic of how they were treated... It was an insult, and perceived as a final injustice that could not be tolerated.

The original idea of identity politics was to examine the way meaning was given to central ideas, perceptions because power determined many elements of perception. In the German schools of thought Habermas questioned whether the author had a primary claim over meaning assigned in his work, or whether some consensus should challenge those assertions. In the french school the social identity of people was deconstructed to understand the development and progress of thought, and technology.

Never could people like Focault have imagined that trying to show the power dynamics and development of attitudes towards the rights of prisoners, ****sexuals, or how the depths of the mind were viewed, would create this crushing social malaise we find today. It was never the intention, yet here we are.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
        Ironic that this ideology is the most racist, sexist and bigoted around where you are judged on your race, sex and sexual orientation.

You get given victim points and the more victim points you get, the more worthy your opinion is and the more help, opportunity and special treatments you deserve.

And what they set out to achieve is exclusion and inequity.

I seen no better example of this when a someone left £100,000 in their will to help poor white boys in the UK to attend to private school. He did this because poor white boys do the worst in education and are left behind.

They are many fund for black boys or girls and everyone is OK with this, but with this group that struggles the most the schools rejected the money and refused the money and no poor white boys would get their education paid for.

You circumstances or plight does not matter, to these people, it is the colour of you skin, sex and sexual orientation that matters.

We to stop this bigoted ideology from spreading, masquerading as something righteous and just.

That is the cunning brilliance of the movement. It lets people believe they are doing the right thing, while encouraging the very behaviors that are abhorrent in the first place. this is deliberate and is aided when you slowly provide less critical thinking, independence and intelligence in society. The education system is the first place to start... You pick texts based on politics and not based on historical reality.

Baltimore is notorious for such... They got caught in a major gaffe because they had promoted Ben Carter, the surgeon, and when he became part of Trump's cabinet, etc they had to beat a hasty retreat lol. So now my son is studying aparthied in history class. Meanwhile the modern history of this country, since the end of the Vietnam war is hardly mentioned.

Comment

Siablos being a right divisive little toerag in this thread surprised BostonGuy didn't tear him a new one for the way siablo spoke to him.

Comment

After the second world war and well into the sixties the education system in the United States was second to none. We produced great scientists, people like isaac Asimov, from Brooklyn New York, we also had great public educational institutions, like Queen's College, the California Community college system. etc. In our present education system the needs of the remedial are met, the needs of the average student are somewhat met, but we are not putting any resources towards educating the bright and gifted.

There are specific behaviors that identify the Bright and Gifted, and it has little to do with grades. These are the kids that have the potential to make great advances in technology and innovation. Gifted and Talented kids are a minority of students and no race corners the market: A gifted kid can come from an Iowa field, or the middle of Brooklyn New York... It does not matter, and need I say it? this kid can be of any race. There is a big difference between kids who respond to merit, and are motivated to get great grades, and the qualities exhibited by Bright kids.

In point of fact, a standard High School curriculum, all the way up to college prep in a specialized school can be mastered by a motivated student of average intellect. I say this as one who taught in High School.

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
              Equity of outcome is what will eventually destroy humanity.
              Its pure social engineering.
              i am trying to understand you big dawg... so is me being greedy .. lustful ect over come hard working decent people...

is u saying it is ok for me.. a jew to victimize others who had nothing to do with why i am so mean and angry...... cool..

nobody gave a pluck about me and i leared to like it like that... raw truth

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                I enjoy how you don't apply that logic to the "brain drain" as you call it in Jamaica, where your best and brightest are leaving the country. Perhaps if they were truly gifted they would've blossomed in Jamaica, right?
                Corruption and underdevelopment prevents them from blossoming. Some do blossom here, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                  my mom is jew.. my dad jew.. both sides.... i hate jewish people.. jewish wimmmin love me.... i am disgusted by jw females... stfu.... .. you got no dang clue... i want to be just mexican... or something... i go to synagog...temple... so now you know better than rich jews who give me work that i am not a jew.... i know i a not rich and i hate jews.. why... cuz they let putos kill them.. think or believe what you want to believe... i hate jewish culture... btw pendejo some guys on this site communicatewith me in hebrew... not toe jam a can... nigggaaawhat..

sialbo job.. no body woulld ever want to be or choose to be a jew.. many and my fam is no differnt.. have tried to anglizes our names.... how stupid are you..

i want to be a white guy.. christian.. bible in hand.. saving the world.... i want that life.... i look white.. but i am not...... my mom said.. mijo you look like them go away... make money... be white..

you have no fvcing clue..... stop being stupid.
                  Jews run things where I am from.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                    Jews run things where I am from.
                    yu from jamaica.... a place that for me is or represents freedom.... i love weed... rice and beans... and... freedom

when your boy marly said sang emacipte yourselves for m from mental slavery non but ourselves can free our minds... i kinda disagree with bob about atomic energy... having volunterrred and got radiation... it is not good..

funny.. i am still talking to my ex girl yoshie.. 30 years ago my girl yoshie was modeling kimono.. ..

before i chek out.. i want to slap the crpa crap outta that almond puto.. he wasted my time and my little money.. get him to show up to set or let me get mind...

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                      That is the cunning brilliance of the movement. It lets people believe they are doing the right thing, while encouraging the very behaviors that are abhorrent in the first place. this is deliberate and is aided when you slowly provide less critical thinking, independence and intelligence in society. The education system is the first place to start... You pick texts based on politics and not based on historical reality.

Baltimore is notorious for such... They got caught in a major gaffe because they had promoted Ben Carter, the surgeon, and when he became part of Trump's cabinet, etc they had to beat a hasty retreat lol. So now my son is studying aparthied in history class. Meanwhile the modern history of this country, since the end of the Vietnam war is hardly mentioned.
                      i forget what prison i was at.. million man march.. the bop berauwa of prisons could not stop a movement by the black guys.. they were on the war path.. then the bop breau of prisosn said.... if you feel you want to show solidarity with your fello knegrows.. sign your name here.. and you can skip work at unicor tomorrrow...https://www.unicor.gov/index.aspx

a memo was sent out to all prisons.. to allow black or white or whoever permission to protest...

then.. a lot of black guys was saying paul we won right we made them ackknowledge us..i said.. you aare to supid to see... the powers that be gave you permission to protest... you are defeated.... pre emptive stike.. you guys do not even know.... if you cannot stop somehting a movement, then pretend you are supporting it..and get out a head of it.. derail it.. take the wind outta them sails son...

Comment

Working...
                      X