Comments Thread For: Golovkin Wants The Best at 160 - With Or Without The Belts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dontbeahater View Post
    More excuses?
    If someone lies to his fans for years, he's a liar. (let's not list the lies that never happened or the inconsistencies because people including myself have beaten it to death)
    He got his money by conning his fans into being a monster. Good for ggg! He was a good champion.
    Who would pass that money! Not someone like ggg whose next bum fight before Canelo 3 will show how he dares to be great. Can't wait for the age excuses and long layoff excuses (all ggg doing) will come if Canelo wins the third fight convincingly. It will be like when pac fans were crying for slow motion replays after Mayweather v pac.
    Its obvious you aren't a fan of Golovkin so don't presume to speak for us. You claim to be a boxing savant and you don't even know that all fighters get older their reflexes are compromised and they don't perform as well. That happens to all athletes not just boxers. Do you believe that Micheal Spinks would have beat Larry Holmes when Larry was in his prime. I certainly don't and most reasonable people would conceed this. With you reasonable points are lies and facts are excuses.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thesundancekid View Post
      Turned down the opportunity to become undisputed when he had the chance to fight BJS, I get canelo was the money fight, but he chose money over legacy, and look how that turned out for him.
      It turned out p

Comment

• Always good to see that GGG even at his age is still one of the most relevant fighters on this forum.

Look how he handles Malik Scott, one of Wilders opponents.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          I am a boxing fan, I don't score fights the first time I watch them

I put my pen/paper down about 40 years ago kid, around about the same time I learned how to score a fight

adding up jabs is a fools errand when it comes to professional boxing, I can clearly see how a fight is unfolding
          Did you watch the Spence Garcia fight. Spence won that fight by establishing distance. He used the jab to do it. Once that was in place he opened up and dominated Garcia. So don't pretend to be a boxing guru when you have no idea how the jab can be a pivotal factor in a boxing match.

Comment

• 35 pages holy ****, get a ****ing life you bums.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
              Did you watch the Spence Garcia fight. Spence won that fight by establishing distance. He used the jab to do it. Once that was in place he opened up and dominated Garcia. So don't pretend to be a boxing guru when you have no idea how the jab can be a pivotal factor in a boxing match.

son.....

I get the first part..... jabbing

the 2nd part..... using that jab to control distance, establish the perimeter, and setup better combinations..... like Spence did.....

..... but when did that happen with Golovkin ?

b,b,b,b,but.....

Spence won that fight because his jab was effective, and he built from there..... Golovkin simply did not.....

landing a few pushed pitty-pat jabs is not how you win a professional boxing match

which is why Sanchez admitted that Golovkin did not win

Comment

• Originally posted by JuniorTorres720 View Post
                Lol yup on your last point. People aren't consistent. I'm not going to hate on GGG cuz at least he's being honest with his intentions. And I can see why he'd want to go that route. Regardless, the big fights are going to involve titles anyway. He just won't directly be aiming at capturing titles but will indirectly get there.
                Yep I agree man. And am definitely happy he is getting paid at the end of his career, he deserves it. He brought a lot of excitement to the ring.

Comment

• Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
                  35 pages holy ****, get a ****ing life you bums.
                  Why are you even here lol? At least all of us keep coming back because someone tags in a post, what is your excuse?

Comment

• Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
                    u didnt read wat i wrote
                    I took your comments as being sarcastic, perhaps they weren't. However most of your comments regarding GGG are not flattering, so to read some that are is a little confounding.

Comment

• Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
                      chavez jnr is a better opponent than any of ggg's wins.
                      Chavez was a weird fighter and not very good. But he was always a big draw, and will always have that KO over Andy Lee on his resume, to his credit.

Murray though, for one, is/was clearly a better fighter than Chavez. For partial evidence see how Murray did vs Martinez compared to how Chavez did. Murray probably should have won while Chavez probably won one round.

Comment

Working...
                      X