Collapse
No announcement yet.

If shane Mosley fought better comp below ww he would have been one of the ATGs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If shane Mosley fought better comp below ww he would have been one of the ATGs

http://youtu.be/0AMx0ZJnqSk

http://youtu.be/NJx9FzJqOks

http://youtu.be/GLqsTG-BsWc

I was very disappointed before he moved up to fight DLH that he didn't fight Stevie Johnston, Cesar Bazan, Floyd Mayweather, or even Kostya Tsyzu at 140

A prime Shane Mosley had the talent to beat all of them.

He was such an unknown and much like Evander Holyfield before him, Most of his marquee fights happened after his 30th birthday....I definitely believe the Mosley that fought Antonio Diaz and held the welterweight title would have beat Cotto, Canelo, maybe even Pacquaio if he wasn't past prime.

Its a shame we didn't get to see him in with other great fighters in his prime

I think most fans and experts do consider Mosley an all time great. He defended the lightweight title about 8 times and almost always won by KO. Maybe if he had stayed at 135 or 140 he would have had an even better career but 147 had more big money fights. I can't think of any 135-140 pounders that I think could beat a prime Mosley. He was quite willing to go to 140 to fight Pacquiao so maybe he could have fought his whole career below 147.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      I think most fans and experts do consider Mosley an all time great. He defended the lightweight title about 8 times and almost always won by KO. Maybe if he had stayed at 135 or 140 he would have had an even better career but 147 had more big money fights. I can't think of any 135-140 pounders that I think could beat a prime Mosley. He was quite willing to go to 140 to fight Pacquiao so maybe he could have fought his whole career below 147.

I think he would be consider him an ATG in the true since if he further established himself below 147.....over 135 he lost to Mayweather, Pacquaio, Forrest, Cotto and Winky all fights besides Forrest he was past prime or too high at 154....the only great fighter he beat was Oscar

Comment

I checked boxrec and Mosley was a great lightweight. He defended his IBF title 8 times in less than two years and won all defenses by KO before moving to weltereight when he was almost 28 years old. He should have stayed the lightweight champion and set a record nobody could top.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
          http://youtu.be/0AMx0ZJnqSk

http://youtu.be/NJx9FzJqOks

http://youtu.be/GLqsTG-BsWc

I was very disappointed before he moved up to fight DLH that he didn't fight Stevie Johnston, Cesar Bazan, Floyd Mayweather, or even Kostya Tsyzu at 140

A prime Shane Mosley had the talent to beat all of them.

He was such an unknown and much like Evander Holyfield before him, Most of his marquee fights happened after his 30th birthday....I definitely believe the Mosley that fought Antonio Diaz and held the welterweight title would have beat Cotto, Canelo, maybe even Pacquaio if he wasn't past prime.

I agree that it would have been nice to see him against some of the other top fighters at 135 and 140.

Its a shame we didn't get to see him in with other great fighters in his prime
          I don't know a lot about what he did or didn't do at 135 because, at the time, Mosley was a unknown. I do know that he turned down an offer to fight Mayweather at 135 when Mayweather was at 130. He skipped over 140 because he was chasing a big money fight against ODLH

Comment

I checked boxrec and Mosley was a great lightweight. He defended his IBF title 8 times in less than two years and won all defenses by KO before moving to weltereight when he was almost 28 years old. He should have stayed the lightweight champion and set a record nobody could top.
            The only thing missing was facing another title holder(WBA and WBC) there were some decent fighters campaigning at 135 besides the former champions he did face like Leija and John Molina who respectively held titles at 130

He never made it clear that he was the number one lightweight by beating Stevie Johnston, Cesar Bazan, etc.

Comment

He wasn't a great lightweight.

8 defences, against who?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                He wasn't a great lightweight.

8 defences, against who?
                jesse james leija??? really no1 of note. shane didnt make any noise util he reached ww

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shmurda View Post
                  jesse james leija??? really no1 of note. shane didnt make any noise util he reached ww
                  Leija and John John Molina won titles at 130....Manuel Gomez was wholly average, so was Demetrio Ceballos....I totally agree with you

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shmurda View Post
                    Neither were relevant at the time either.

I think Molina was ranked #10 or something.

The only other ranked fighter he fought was Philip Holiday and Shane struggled in that fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X