No announcement yet.

Best Boxing Ring?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Boxing Ring?

I’m looking into opening my own boxing gym and I was wondering what is the best boxing ring? I’m looking for an elevated ring that’s 18’ or 20’ and most importantly I would like a ring that that quiet where the boards don’t rattle when people are moving around in it. I’m from California so any suggestions on a good, solid, quiet ring would be greatly appreciated.

A suggestion: There are rings that are not elevated that are far more stable and quiet FOR THE MONEY versus the typical elevated rings. Of course people are not used to seeing those but if you are wanting to get going you can put that on your list of options to consider.

I know that doesn't answer your question, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Comment

Just to have your fighters train/spar or are you planning on having amateur competitions inside the ring?

Comment

Thanks for the input. I’m currently coaching a program that uses a floor ring and nothing is as solid and quiet as the floor.

Comment

Eventually I’d like to use the ring for competition, but for now just training and sparring.

Comment

Flooring hasn't used blanks in many many years. The flooring would be 3/4 to 1" plywood with the rings cross beams as support.
            I owned an Everlast ring that was set up in my gym and used for shows along with a 13 square spar ring.

If you have the space to put a full size ring do that because it could be paid for very quickly using show proceeds.

A base Everlast 20' can be cut down to a 16'10" interior by adjusting the turnbuckles. Rings were traditionally 20 22 24
            and all were designated by the length of the support beams.

Ray

Comment

So do you have any suggestions on which brand ring would be best?

Comment

Originally posted by Chr80 View Post
                So do you have any suggestions on which brand ring would be best?
                A buddy of mine bought this one and swears by it.

https://www.everlast.com/elevated-boxing-ring

Comment

Lord of the rings.

Comment

Working...
                  X