Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko Drops Pedraza Twice, Wins Decision To Unify Titles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The3 View Post
    Once Spence turn Mikey into Kell Brook like GGG did , and Mikey come backdown he will beat a beatdown/Drained Mikey
    You might be right.

Comment

• ESPN makes it hard to watch a Loma fight. They just bragged on Loma throughout the whole fight. I understand saying a few things here and there but come on. Loma did good to get the win but it wasn't at the norm we're use to seeing. Either fighters are figuring him out, too small for 35 or he's slipping a bit. I don't think he should fight Mikey or Tank. Loma says his shoulder isn't bothering him but he may need a tune up next rather than another unification bout.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
        Loma is not beating Garcia at 135. People need to give that pipe dream up.

The weight isn't good on him. 130 is his best weight.
        What about Loma vs. Teofimo Lopez @ 135? I know he's green, but ***** it, make it happen! He could always recover like Canelo did! Teofimo Lopez was the star of the night! I hope Tank and Berchelt either fighter each other, or move to 135 and make this division HOT!

Comment

• C'mon he just won a unification after surgery getting two knock downs and winning most rounds.
          What do you guys expect him to do.
          Knock all his opponents out in the first half of the fight.
          He dominated Pedraza so what's the problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            What about Loma vs. Teofimo Lopez @ 135? I know he's green, but ***** it, make it happen! He could always recover like Canelo did! Teofimo Lopez was the star of the night! I hope Tank and Berchelt either fighter each other, or move to 135 and make this division HOT!
            Berchelt is a problem for anybody.

Teofimo is REAL. Still green. But he's a star in the making. Patience on that one.

I'm honestly not sold on Tank yet. The matchmaking makes me doubt him.

Comment

• Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
              C'mon he just won a unification after surgery getting two knock downs and winning most rounds.
              What do you guys expect him to do.
              Knock all his opponents out in the first half of the fight.
              He dominated Pedraza so what's the problem.
              Let's just be honest for a second. Anybody who acts like Linares or Pedraza are world beaters needs their credibility checked. Good fighters. Not elite quality.

I think Loma looks very different with the extra weight. Slower and the physicality isn't there either. He's visibly more bothered by the shots. He's not beating Mikey at that weight.

Comment

• Originally posted by kingstip9 View Post
                The majority of posters on this website are the true embodiment of the popular boxing phrase “your only as good as your last fight”
                They talk and treat fighters as good as their last fight. Now we are hearing lomachenko will lose to Tank Davis.. fkn lol I hope they make that fight and the odd makers are silly and stack it in tanks favour because that’s a bet I will be taking in Lomachenkos favour..

It’s like Tyson fury, “oh he looked **** in the Pianeta fight wilder gonna knock him out he’s a bum and always has been Klitschko win a fluke”
                and now listen to people lol, oh and when He loses, he’ll go back to being a bum..
                get the story straight people.. styles make fights and fighters can struggle and face adversity when challenging different styled opponents.. some they look great and others they can struggle
                Many of the people on this site don't know chit about boxing. Before the fight everyone was acting like Dogboe would destroy Navarette...But it was clear that most posters on here didn't even know a damn thing about the Mexican. Anyone who thought Loma was going to quickly run through Pedraza must be pretty lacking in their observational awareness too. Pedraza has shown that he is a technically proficient fighter and he spoke of his plan that he would use to foil Lomachenko, which seemed like a thoughtful strategy. His previous fight with Beltran showed him to be pretty tricky and tough.

It's not only about "styles make fights".....What people seem to be NOT mindful of is "with every fight, fighters are not the exact same fighter they were in their previous fights". Fighters make adjustments according to the style they are attempting to win against. The intelligent fighters will craft and implement those strategies differently according to their opponents styles/ weaknesses/ strengths/ etc. Pedraza has proven to be a crafty, intelligent fighter. I'm not surprised that he gave Loma some problems.

Comment

• Pedraza put up a good fight Loma face was busted and nobody did that to Loma

Comment

• Originally posted by LADIV View Post
                    Dropped him 1 time not 2 times
                    Dropped him 2 times not 1. Are we talking round 11? Excellent round for Loma.

Comment

• Another one of Top Rank's scam fights. Pedraza clearly was paid off, and showed up just to collect his pay check. The fix was in. Thru the entire fight, ESPN showed not 1 replay of Pedraza landing a punch even though Loma eyes were noticeably bruised, Tank Davis and Mickey would definitely beat Loma. And Pac would put him to sleep and I'm not even a Pac fan.

Comment

Working...
                      X