Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Unless $50M Offer is Bluff, Wilder's Team Must Meet Me!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I completely understand why all these people on here do not understand why Eddie hasn't cancelled his and A.J.'s life for a deal that simply as we speak has got NO substance......they are thick (clueless) and probably up to their bollocks in debt having never read what the contract really meant.

Comment

• Originally posted by masterminding View Post
      It's getting frustrating reading the comments of AJ fans.
      What’s for frustrating is wilder fans thinking someone will agree to a deal without discussing the details.

Comment

• I don’t understand, surely meeting to discuss the finer details of the deal is a must in order to make the fight happen. Suddenly actually meeting is a bad thing/duck move??..... I thought that’s how fights got made. You Wilder fans will take up the most ridiculous positions to defend him.

Comment

• This is really not difficult to grasp. This is one of the biggest fight in Boxing and one team has elected to opt out of a meeting several times.This should just say it all.You want the A side to just accept a letter which comes from a boxer, not his representatives. How could boxing fans be so naive and stupid? This initial offer is from a boxer, not his legal representatives. You want the A side´s promoter to just accept an offer from Deontay. What a joker all of you are.For big fights, the last time I checked reps send details, not boxers.For those arguing that Hearn did the same with the 12,5 M offer presented to Team Wilder. Did you see the difference? AJ´s rep sent the offer to Wilder´s rep to make it official and they were willing to sit down and negotiate.I cant understand why this is difficult to grasp.SITTING DOWN 2 TALK IS A GIVEN FOR A BIG FIGHT.THIS IS NOT 2 FIGHTS JOHNSON FIGHTING 1 FIGHT JOE.THIS FIGHT IS FOR THE STRONGEST MAN ON THE PLANET.DONT BE STUPID.
          Last edited by Slimjoe; 04-27-2018, 03:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
            they're willing to meet to go over the contract once hearn confirms AJ would accept 50 million if the contract's details are acceptable.
            No.

You can't ask him for a hard acceptance prior to the meeting because he might end up being construed as having accepted the offer which would mean that he is contractually bound.

Cancelling the meeting is disappointing because I really thought **** was going to get sorted today.

If both sides are serious about making this fight they need to sit round the table and talk it out. Grown ups know that business isn't conducted by sending someone literally nothing more than a price and asking them to agree to terms which haven't been disclosed.

Just arrange the meeting and make the fight. Hearn isn't gonna be in New York forever, now's the time.

Comment

• Seen so much bull**** written by the AJ side and the Wilder side over the course of this saga.

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
              Hold on. You think when an offer is initially presented, a contract is drafted and sent to the other party right off the bat?!?

Hahhahahahah
              Acceptance is the final part of a contract negotiation and contractually binds the parties. By the time a offer is made there will be a contract to agree to. You can approach another party to negotiate prior to this of course which is where most of the dealing is done prior to a contract being drawn up. The contract acts as the offer, the signature acts as acceptance.

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
              Many contracts are signed weeks before the fight there wasn't a meeting or contract for the 12.5M flat over.

you agree to the terms and then contract is drawn up
              You agree to the terms via a back and forth of communications and negotiations. The thing about the price is that it's the most fundamental term of the contract and is necessarily contingent on the rest of the contract. You can't really expect a party to agree to a contract price and be bound by terms which they haven't seen. I think that's common sense to most people. We all know to read the small print.

The Wilder side have made their position clear; they need to meet in person now to arrange this ****. I hope that this cancelling the meeting is a tactical move and that they actually are willing to discuss this deal to get it made.

Comment

• AJ Fans "no u"
                Wilder Fans "NO U"
                AJ Fans "U ******"
                Wilder Fans "****** U"

Glad I joined this forum, such quality reading...

Comment

• Hearn travelling 3k+ miles to the States shows how serious he and his team are, the bottom line is they have no reason to avoid the fight. Heck, Hearn was talking about flying over and meeting Wilder's team last week, well before this $50 million offer. It's a great sign, all Wilder's team have to do is turn up.

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                    Hearn travelling 3k+ miles to the States shows how serious he and his team are, the bottom line is they have no reason to avoid the fight. Heck, Hearn was talking about flying over and meeting Wilder's team last week, well before this $50 million offer. It's a great sign, all Wilder's team have to do is turn up.

Wilders team don't want that work.

They want to stall until AJ has to fight Povetkin.

This offer is all about saving face and making it appear Wilder isn't the B side. They aren't prepared to risk their American heavyweight hope just yet.

AJ says 'Lets roll' and suddenly they are cancelling meetings.

AJ called their bluff within 30 mins.

Comment

• Originally posted by sid_snot View Post
                      AJ Fans "no u"
                      Wilder Fans "NO U"
                      AJ Fans "U ******"
                      Wilder Fans "****** U"

Glad I joined this forum, such quality reading...
                      Welcome bruv. Hilarious innit?

Comment

Working...
                      X