Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder vs. Stiverne Rematch Ordered By WBC, Luis Ortiz is Out!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilder a beast!

Bermaine about to tackle Wilder again like this is a pickup game of football. This is boxing not the NFL Stiverne LMAO

Comment

**** fight

Comment

****ty fight. Would rather see him fighting whyte

Comment

Get rid of that pest Stiverne and focus on the big fights for 2018. Hopefully no failed drug tests.

Comment

I hate to say it but sometimes I wish the testing wasn't so rigorous. PED cheating shouldn't be accepted because its dangerous, but there were a lot of great fights that have taken place under shady circumstances.

Just think, we probably wouldn't have seen Holyfield v. Tyson back in the day with strict testing.

Ortiz can't talk anymore after this. His career is probably over. To bad for Wilder. He'll just have to wait legitimize his status.

Glad I didn't buy my tickets yet. I know they won't give refunds with Stiverne filling in.

Comment

What a surprise

The legend of the bum squad continues

Can’t wait for Joshua to knock this clown out

Comment

Would've preferred Wilder-Breazeale, and get Izu or Kownacki in to face Stiverne. But I guess they want to get the pointless mandatory out of the way asap. Shame Breazy is off the card altogether though because as things stand Wilder-Stiv 2, Lipinets-Kondo and Porter-Granados all feel a bit like foregone conclusion fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  Not surprising. Not sure why they even made us wait on this predictable call once Ortiz came up dirty.

Curious now what sorta punishment Ortiz receives from the WBC and outside of he abc group which I imagine will be lil to none.

Bermane made out like a bandit if he got his step aside money up front. Doubt he did, but you never know.

As a fan I got lil excitement for this rematch, but I suppose for the Wilder narrative getting a chance to KO the one opponent you didn't KO isn't a bad angle for this fight and being able to potentially sell Wilder as the guy who's KO'd every opponent isn't a bad tag going into the Joshua fight when Joshua gots the same tag.
                  Fair points. Don't you think Wilder will need another name sandwiched between any potential fight with Joshua for the fight to happen in the US?

I'd really like an opportunity to see that one live.

If they fight next, it's definitely going to be in the UK.

Comment

I wonder if Wilder will go forward and fight Steverne..does Steverne get to keeo the step-aside fee, PLUS the purse if he's fighting Wilder?

Better yet, If Wilder finds another opponent, Let's say Whyte, and decides to pay Sterverne a Step-aside fee, Does Sterverne get the fee from both the Ortiz fight and Whyte? If so, he's clearly the winner in all of this.

Comment

Fight should have went on, ortiz had a legit reason and prescription the whole time whether he listed it or not. its not wilders fault but i swear he keeps catching these breaks.

Comment

Working...
                      X