Become a boxing coach

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Become a boxing coach

Hi everybody !
    Is it possible for a guy who start boxing at 35 to become a good boxing coach in his 40's ?

Dedication is the main ingredient

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre62 View Post
      Hi everybody !
      Is it possible for a guy who start boxing at 35 to become a good boxing coach in his 40's ?
      How many sanctioned bouts have you had? …...Rockin'

Comment

Hi everybody !
        Only if you will be in traning camps and in corner with some very experienced trainer during his fighters' bouts, I'd say 200+ fight experience.

Comment

Hi everybody !
          Yes you can, just start basic and start with young kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
            Yes you can, just start basic and start with young kids.
            How would some guy off the streets truly know any basics?

I tried coaching with a guy that didn't know sheeit about boxing. He opened a gym and figured that he could just wing it, how hard could it be? Right?

I played along watching these kids with horrible form and basics. Until he started ripping on Detroits boxing like they didn't know sheeit.. I then went and told his kids that this guy doesn't know the first thing about boxing, except that you should keep your hands up. I told them to find a real gym with real trainers with experience.

Don't waste your time, nor the kids time, teaching them sheeit techniques and basics. It is much harder for a guy who knows boxing to break the bad habits that he taught these kids. Bad habits are just a beeitch to break.

I left the gym and never cared to go back to that pretend boxing gym...…….. Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
              How would some guy off the streets truly know any basics?

I tried coaching with a guy that didn't know sheeit about boxing. He opened a gym and figured that he could just wing it, how hard could it be? Right?

I played along watching these kids with horrible form and basics. Until he started ripping on Detroits boxing like they didn't know sheeit.. I then went and told his kids that this guy doesn't know the first thing about boxing, except that you should keep your hands up. I told them to find a real gym with real trainers with experience.

Don't waste your time, nor the kids time, teaching them sheeit techniques and basics. It is much harder for a guy who knows boxing to break the bad habits that he taught these kids. Bad habits are just a beeitch to break.

I left the gym and never cared to go back to that pretend boxing gym...…….. Rockin'
              Wasn't Pavlik's trainer basically a construction worker?

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                Wasn't Pavlik's trainer basically a construction worker?
                He may have been...…..Rockin'

Comment

Working...
                X