Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd is going to struggle with Ortiz.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't see what the problem is with Floyd picking Ortiz. The fight will be against a young, ferocious, southpaw who has been looking good ever since his upset loss to Maidana.

I still think Floyd will win, but would you rather have Floyd fight besides Pacquiao and Martínez? Seriously, does anyone think he'd come back after a 1 and a half year layoff to go up against the bigger Martínez or Pacquiao?

The only person I know who's been known to do something that insane was Ray Leonard when he came back after a three (or four) year layoff to challenge THE middleweight champion Marvelous Marvin Hagler. Despite the performance, the decision is highly debated to this date.

There's nothing wrong with this fight ASSUMING it'll eventually lead to a fight with either Martínez or Pacquiao.

And yes, as always, Floyd will start off the fight cold as he usually does.

However, I DO NOT think Ortiz will quit. I don't think he would quit because he's getting potshot to death. The worst case scenario is Ortiz getting badly beat-up en route to a 10-8 round without a knockdown or something like that, but I seriously doubt he'll quit. I'm sure he doesn't want to receive the [unnecessary] bad press he received when he quit against Maidana.

Anyway, at its worst, Floyd wins 116-112. At his best, Floyd outpoints Ortiz 119-109.

The fight will be intersting in the first four rounds, though. Afterwards, it'll fall into a pattern.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      He hasn't even seen Victor Ortiz fight.

He said this himself.
      Who? Floyd?

Wasn't Floyd at the Ortiz-Berto fight?

Comment

Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post
        Who? Floyd?

Wasn't Floyd at the Ortiz-Berto fight?
        I was referring to the poster 'Hugh Grant'.

Comment

Floyd might run into a couple of rough spots early but he'll adjust and cruise onto a decent points win

unless he gets old overnight, i give Victor only about a 30-35% of winning this one...but im still glad the fight was made and is excited to see it

Comment

Originally posted by STRUGG View Post
            lol.........yeah right...................he was cherrypicked for a reason.................to make flowerweather look good for his fans..........................this isnt even a legitimate fight..........................................WWF **** .........thats what it is
            Great post.

Comment

Not past round 4 bro.

Comment

Yea, Ortiz is a good little fighter but Floyd is a HOFer.
                Ortiz may look good with the pressure for the first couple rounds..
                Then Floyd figures him out and its over. Ortiz is still mentally weak and will crumble as he is a frontrunner as well.. Ortiz does have a punchers chance early tho.. He would have to hit Floyd with something MASSIVE

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  Just thought I'd put that out there.Baldomir,Judah,Hatton,Sharmba,Jmm & Mosley.I believe that Ortiz has more to offer to an older Floyd than anyone of those fighters had.Floyd's been layed off too long & Ortiz is coming off of a career changing performance.Even if Ortiz looses,(which he should)his stock doesn't go down.

Floyd is a slow starter & if Ortiz gets off 1st Floyd is going to have to catch him.Ortiz is big,so he better ruff im up & apply the same amount of pressure as he did with Berto.I'm really hoping for the upset.
                  that is not really true, Mayweather is Patient and he looks to read his opponents for the first few rounds and see what they are throwing at him but I wouldn't say he is "A SLOW STARTER"

But people are mostly keeping their fingers cross that Mayweather is "OLDER AND SLOWER" if that is what they are depending on then they are going to be extremely disappointed on fight night

Bottom Line...Ortiz has a PUNCHERS CHANCE, if he can't finish him early then just like in the Lamont Peterson fight when Peterson started figuring him out and started landing Counter Punches repeatedly...I think we will see the same thing but Mayweather will either finish him or really dominate him Mentally

Comment

I don't think Ortiz will be as tough a fight as either Judah or Hatton. He just isn't as battle proven as either of them, and they both went a while before Floyd fully gained control over them. Ortiz will be figured out after the second or third, at latest.

Comment

Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post
                      I don't see what the problem is with Floyd picking Ortiz. The fight will be against a young, ferocious, southpaw who has been looking good ever since his upset loss to Maidana.

I still think Floyd will win, but would you rather have Floyd fight besides Pacquiao and Martínez? Seriously, does anyone think he'd come back after a 1 and a half year layoff to go up against the bigger Martínez or Pacquiao?

The only person I know who's been known to do something that insane was Ray Leonard when he came back after a three (or four) year layoff to challenge THE middleweight champion Marvelous Marvin Hagler. Despite the performance, the decision is highly debated to this date.

There's nothing wrong with this fight ASSUMING it'll eventually lead to a fight with either Martínez or Pacquiao.

And yes, as always, Floyd will start off the fight cold as he usually does.

However, I DO NOT think Ortiz will quit. I don't think he would quit because he's getting potshot to death. The worst case scenario is Ortiz getting badly beat-up en route to a 10-8 round without a knockdown or something like that, but I seriously doubt he'll quit. I'm sure he doesn't want to receive the [unnecessary] bad press he received when he quit against Maidana.

Anyway, at its worst, Floyd wins 116-112. At his best, Floyd outpoints Ortiz 119-109.

The fight will be intersting in the first four rounds, though. Afterwards, it'll fall into a pattern.
                      Great post man, your right on with just about everything. The second I heard Floyd signed to fight Ortiz, I thought this was a prep fight for Pacqauio. Strong, fast lefty that comes forward....makes all the sense in the world.

Ortiz is a good fight and he's the champ at 147lbs. This was supposed to be Berto vs Floyd but Ortiz won out so now we are seeing this fight.

I like it and HOPEFULLY it leads to Pac vs Floyd because as much as I love JMM, at this stage of his career he has ZERO chance vs Pac.

Comment

Working...
                      X