No announcement yet.

sports writers pushing to have steroid users records be erased

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sports writers pushing to have steroid users records be erased

mcgwire,bonds,arod,manny,clemens,palmeiro,etc...th ey all cheated so their records should be erased.anyone on the 104 person list should have records & stats erased.its not fair to roger maris,ruth,mantle aaron,etc. when sprinter ben johnson broke the world record in 88 did he keep his medal & world record? no of course not...all other sports erase cheaters so why should baseball be any different

1. Most of those old-time "clean" players were taking amphetamines, which from what I have observed are the most effective performance enhancers.

2. They had steroids available to athletes as early as the 1950's in this country.

3. The steroid era is far over. In fact, I'd guess that it has just begun.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
      mcgwire,bonds,arod,manny,clemens,palmeiro,etc...th ey all cheated so their records should be erased.anyone on the 104 person list should have records & stats erased.its not fair to roger maris,ruth,mantle aaron,etc. when sprinter ben johnson broke the world record in 88 did he keep his medal & world record? no of course not...all other sports erase cheaters so why should baseball be any different
      This never made sense to me.

If Joe Pitcher struck out A-Rod, are you ALSO going to take the strikeouts off Joe Pitcher's record?

Alex has almost 2000 RBI's. Will you also take all the runs that Johnny damon and Derek Jeter scored off their records?

All the pitchers who won games when Bonds hit those 763 homers... do you also take away their wins?

Comment

Well if anything they'll probably put an * by their names or something like that. Im not sure about erasing their whole stats. I mean Im not sure, but I don't know if all those guys used during their whole careers. Some maybe the majority, some maybe a few seasons. We'll never know though unless they come out and be totally honest about it. So the question would arise since they cheated once, their whold careers basically should be thrown out or should we figure out what years they used and just erase those ones. It just seems like a big clusterfuk to me so possibly the best thing would be an *. Anyways most people don't look at the records broken now as the real records. Most think Aaron is still the HR king and I don't blame them.

I know they put an * next to Maris's record because they played more games in his time than in Ruth's. You could also possibly put one for Ruth too. He only played against the top white players. No blacks or dark latino's were allowed. Cuba's baseball tradition dates back to the early 1900's so who knows what kind of great players they had who never got a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by RimmyDelicious View Post
          1. Most of those old-time "clean" players were taking amphetamines, which from what I have observed are the most effective performance enhancers.

2. They had steroids available to athletes as early as the 1950's in this country.

3. The steroid era is far over. In fact, I'd guess that it has just begun.
          Cheating has always been a big part of Baseball.

Everything from throwing spitballs to stealing signs to loading bats to oversized gloves.

I rather see a bunch of 700 foot homeruns than a pitching duel anyday.

Let them roid!

Comment

You can't erase their records, but it should be pointed out everytime someone brings up ther record breaking stats that it wasn't just natural athletic ability that got them there.

If steroids aren't an issue then just let all sports use them, so even the worst of players can put up good stats.

Comment

Originally posted by Vito Corleone View Post
              This never made sense to me.

If Joe Pitcher struck out A-Rod, are you ALSO going to take the strikeouts off Joe Pitcher's record?

Alex has almost 2000 RBI's. Will you also take all the runs that Johnny damon and Derek Jeter scored off their records?

All the pitchers who won games when Bonds hit those 763 homers... do you also take away their wins?
              you have a valid point there....maybe an asteriks beside their name is better....it would be pretty hard to erase stats wouldnt it?

Comment

Working...
              X