No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Browne Gets Off The Floor, Knocks Chagaev Out For WBA Belt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
    Browne is terrible but he showed a lot of heart, credit to him.

Parker vs Browne would be huge now, New Zealand vs Australia.
    Browne seems like a nice dude, he should avoid Parker like the plague.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchweightKing View Post
      i thought ortiz has the wba regular title lol wtf.. so many damn titles.. just have ortiz vs browne then winner fight fury
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ruk9AJtsT8

Comment

Congrats to Browne, damn I forgot to watch lol

Comment

I called it Chagaev TKO3. Even at a tubby 248 I thought so little of Browne as a contender I figured Chagaev could get by on boxing skill & experience alone. After 6 rounds I had it 5-1 Chagaev & the extra point for the knockdown. Chagaev looked exhausted & Browne exploited it. Going into the 10th I had Browne winning 7-9 putting him 2 points out. There is no way a guy like Chagaev should lose to Browne. I give him credit for showing great heart in this fight. He was hurt a few times, cut & beat up. The combo that dropped him may have been the end if he wasn't in best shape of his career. I would say if Chagaev was in better shape he would have ended it at that point. The difference in this fight was Browne showed up in the best shape of his career & Chagaev showed up in the worst. Credit to Browne for coming back & stopping Chagaev. He's got Oquendo next & if he is in the same shape he may be able to win that fight too. Chagaev threw away this fight & he has only himself to blame. He beat himself & I suspect that will be it for him. Imagine the WBA brass if Thompson some how beat Ortiz tonight...The tourney would be in shambles or it would make it more realistic with the winner of Fury/Klitschko fighting the winner of Browne/Oquendo. Ustinov would be out of tourney...
          Last edited by joe strong; 03-05-2016, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KO'er View Post
            Apparently Fres Oquendo is the mandatory.
            omg

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
              Wow, that came out of nowhere. I thought Browne was finished after the sixth.
              Yep so did I... I had it 5-1 Chagaev with the extra point for the KD. Chagaev looked exhausted after the 6th. Shot his 248lbs load & the gas tank was empty...

Comment

Comment

Damn, sorry I missed this one, sounds like a "barnburner".

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                    Awesome thanks for this.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                      Awesome thanks for this.

LMAO at Chagaev's wife swatting the camera away at the end of the fight......too much.

Comment

Working...
                      X