Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn, Perform Group Reveal Details of '$1 Billion' Venture

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If they are willing and able to drop this sort of cash into boxing then I would imagine they are going to be competing for a lot of other US sports content when rights deals are up. Sounds like this is the start of Perform throwing big money into the US.

I have a Sky Sports subscription so pretty happy to be getting 16 more fight nights at no extra cost!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrismart View Post

Hearn gone full suge kneight on them hahaha

Comment

• this seems like good business

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxnation fan View Post
          Is that you Eddie Hearn?

All that botox you're injecting into your face will one day swell up your face so big that it'll finally match your ego.

How about those Hair Transplants you've had, how many is that now...3?

I don't care about the rumours you're a H O M O sexual...but i hope for your sake that the rumour that you slept with a 15 year old boy and paid him £10,000 to keep quiet isn't true!

Good luck with the deal...all competition is fine.

When you've been in this business for 30 more years, then start bragging about how well you're doing.

As you're fully aware, Boxnation signed a deal with IMG, you know the biggest and most powerful Media Agency in the world so it's all good.

We'll see how Matchroom does without the defacto Promoter SKY MEDIA building up the fights!

Without SKY, your two HBO shows played to half empty arenas and average viewing figures.

Poor Eddie...a horrible bully boy that the truth will come out about one day when SKY MEDIA and your Max Clifford type PR Boys stop cleaning up your very Dirty Laundry.
          Say his name Frank, just say it... Eddie "Hollywood" Hearn

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxnation fan View Post
            You're the only person actually asking an intelligent question.

I've worked in the Media since 2002 and i can guarantee you that this is going to be a complete and utter Flop of massive proportions.

It also won't last longer then 24 months at the most and is not worth close to the 1 Billion thats been reported but people lap up Hearns BS in the same way they do with Trump.

DAZN isn't going to get enough Americans to subscribe with the likes of Spence, Charlo brothers, Wilder, Broner and Thurman...No one cares about them.

This isn't some speculative opinion...i know it won't work.
            I've seen enough changes in the market to be very cautious about making any blanket assertions as to the viability of a new platform. Especially one which is well financed and which has some solid experience in operating a stable platform in comparable territories.

If you look at the rights DAZN hold for online streaming in other territories: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DAZN you can see the level of ambition. If they can get some of those rights in the US market they could have an enticing proposition to sports fans who have already or are contemplating cutting the cable. The current US market looks difficult but my reading is that they're banking on the demise of the traditional model:

"Q1 2017 the pay TV industry experience subscriber loss that was five times greater than Q1 of 2016."

and if they have a good blend of rights, a solid platform and sufficient cash reserves to build an audience they may wind up as a major player.

Most start-ups fail, there's a good chance this will too, but the market is in a state of flux at present and there will be opportunities for those that read the patterns of consumer change correctly. I wouldn't be so sure that this will fail.

Comment

• Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
              I don’t think the average person even wants to pay $5 for ESPN+

I think it was during the olympics during boxing on the nbc app you could turn off the commentary. That alone might be worth the $20 lol
              Thats only $25 a month and if its all good with boxing content im all in. As long as they aint selling what i watch free on youtube ha. The option to turn commentary off is one of the best things ive heard of haha

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
                I suspect so. streaming services are basically the way things are now. Apple Music or Spotify for music, Netflix for TV and Movies. There's really a gap in the market for someone to do it with the sports world. Things like Spotify and Netflix have basically killed off other formats, like physical sales. I'm sure with the right content, something like this can change the way people watch sports.

Gotta move with the times and that's what they're doing.
                Pretty much this.

Streaming has taken over tv shows/movies with Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime.

Now it's time for sports to catch up. They said they expect it to completely take over in 3-4 years. So they understand that it's not going to happen instantly and they have a long term strategy.

Comment

• 1 billion dollars and no fighters to make big fights with.

Where is the news?

Fake fans care about everything except fights getting made. idgaf about a new streaming venture. I care about what fights are you gonna make because jacobs vs selucki aint good enough for somebody who is supposedly taking over america

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyJonesJrp4pno1 View Post
                    Pretty much this.

Streaming has taken over tv shows/movies with Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime.

Now it's time for sports to catch up. They said they expect it to completely take over in 3-4 years. So they understand that it's not going to happen instantly and they have a long term strategy.

Television is and will always be better than streaming on the internet.

imagine having a fight party and you lose internet connection for some strange reason.

No thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
                      Television is and will always be better than streaming on the internet.

imagine having a fight party and you lose internet connection for some strange reason.

No thanks
                      Going to the theatre to watch a movie will always be better than watching TV...

Imagine having a movie party and your cable going kaput for some strange reason.

No thanks

See the reasoning there? People living in the old ages are what prohibits this sport from garnering a higher market share globally.

This is a step forward...

Comment

Working...
                      X