No announcement yet.

Ex smoker getting back to boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex smoker getting back to boxing

I quitted smoking a few days ago and went back to boxing,i used to train it for like 2 years and it went smooth during trainings,but now i just gas out imidiately
    I want to improve my cardio
    What should i do to repair my lungs,increase lung capacity etc?

Run for about 4-5 miles at least 3 times a week. If you can try to run at a park or trail with hills

Comment

Cardio, cardio, cardio.

In terms of diet, double your vegetable intake, try and have a salad every day and a handful of blueberries every day to help the vasculature in your lungs repair.

Comment

Be gradual with your cardio, if you jump right in and go as hard as you can you can cause damage to your lungs. Spend a couple weeks just getting your body properly adjusted and steadily increase your cardio. Your lungs are damaged and if you jump in and consistently run 5 miles straight you're gonna strain them even more because they aren't used to it

Comment

Originally posted by Johnston View Post
          Be gradual with your cardio, if you jump right in and go as hard as you can you can cause damage to your lungs. Spend a couple weeks just getting your body properly adjusted and steadily increase your cardio. Your lungs are damaged and if you jump in and consistently run 5 miles straight you're gonna strain them even more because they aren't used to it
          So i should start with like 1-2 miles and increase every week?

Comment

Originally posted by bj1234 View Post
            Yea that's something I would start with,1-2 miles every other day then eventually make it more consistent and increase the miles. You will no how much you can do so just read your body, if you feel like it's getting easy make it a little more difficult. Just be aware of pushing yourself to hard. It takes some times for your lungs to get back to normal so just be patient. Pretty much went through the same thing as you a couple years ago

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing42 View Post
              Run for about 4-5 miles at least 3 times a week. If you can try to run at a park or trail with hills
              Dude, lol.

Originally posted by bj1234 View Post
              Lets not think about running just yet.

Post your height, age, former injuries, and weight please.

Running is actually pretty bad for your body. Not saying it's out of the question, just need more data before you can get the all clear.

If I was you, I would start walking first. Once you complete a walking program, we can move on to jumping rope. Maybe some squats with no weight on the bar is a step after that. Squats can expand your lungs and if done properly can keep you injury free.

Running is the last on my list.

Comment

Originally posted by War Room View Post
                Dude, lol.

Lets not think about running just yet.

Post your height, age, former injuries, and weight please.

Running is actually pretty bad for your body. Not saying it's out of the question, just need more data before you can get the all clear.

If I was you, I would start walking first. Once you complete a walking program, we can move on to jumping rope. Maybe some squats with no weight on the bar is a step after that. Squats can expand your lungs and if done properly can keep you injury free.

Running is the last on my list.
                Good point but he said he trained before so I'm assuming he's use to physical activity.

Comment

Running alot is bad for your joints however it is by far the most effective way to condition yourself for boxing. If your legs aren't in shape then you are gonna crash and burn in that ring.

Comment

Im 17 years old 182 cm,64 kg,i had a calf injury due to too much rope jumping.
                    I’m maintaining a decent level of physical activity with the jumping rope i can do 5 mins on it without getting tired

Comment

Working...
                    X