No announcement yet.

scraping off skin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scraping off skin

Hey guys, I'm new to the site and have recently gotten back into boxing on my own at home after about a year off. My initial training was in kickboxing, but I had to quit due to other circumstances. I'm using the grappling gloves (which are called bag gloves) for my boxing, although I do have boxing gloves. I like the feel of the bag gloves better, but, yes, my fingers in between are being eaten raw. I don't mind it, but I also don't like wrapping my hands just to work the heavy bag at home. Should I just bite the bullet and wrap? I feel it hinders my punching. Or should I just keep working the bag slowly every other day? Thanks.

I say bite the bullet and wrap. Especially if it hinders your punching. Remember how you train is how you will fight.

Comment

I recommend wrapping your hands, it will save time in the long run, if you pick up an injury.

Comment

wrap your hands and use gloves, your be less likely to sustain an injury, just like c0pe said

(whats with the new people recently?)
        where do youy come from? - just wondering.
        Last edited by Inf3rn0; 08-23-2005, 02:37 PM.

Comment

when I first started boxing i wraped my hands and wore boxing gloves and my knocles would get scraped up. it happens because your hands are just getting use to the training again.

Comment

When I was 14 and started training, I knew nothing about boxing. I couldn't find a gym around my area, and none were listed. I bought a small everlast bag and would punch it without gloves. My hands were pretty messed up at first, but then they scabbed over and over again. I am 24 now, I started at a gym when I was 19. And I use ringside 18oz bag gloves now. I have a pair of 20's but I like the 18's better. Before fights I like to put on the 12oz amateur fight gloves and train with those. I hate before a fight when you put the fight gloves on and you feel awkward in them, so I like to train in them before the fight. No nuckles problems whatsoever, make sure you wrap your hands right so the wrap doesn't rub you knuckles raw.

Comment

don't jerk off too much either, that can scrape off a lot of skin

Comment

Working...
              X