No announcement yet.

Samurai Movies

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by betmen View Post
    is trilogy but the story doesn't relate to each other. the only relation i think the plot happen at the same time(edo period) and in the same clan of samurai.
    The link is he’s a ronin, during the time when many daimyo were closed by the Tokugawas. 1860’s, perry had already opened up japan with his black ships, leaving behind Townsend Harris to negotiate the details of an agreement between japan and the US.

Before the Meiji period.
    Last edited by Zaroku; 06-20-2018, 06:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by devildg View Post
      Ran (by far the greatest Samurai film of all time)

13 Assassins
      ... Ran is Shakespeare's King Lear...

... Seven Samurai (1954)... (Kurosawa, Toshirô Mifune...)

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
        The link is he’s a ronin, during the time when many daimyo were closed by the Tokugawas. 1860’s, perry had already opened up japan with his black ships, leaving behind Townsend Harris to negotiate the details of an agreement between japan and the US.

Before the Meiji period.
        i dont think the link is that he's ronin. ronin are unemployed smurai right?? both main characters in both movie i watch are samurais employed by a clan.

Comment

i dont think the link is that he's ronin. ronin are unemployed smurai right?? both main characters in both movie i watch are samurais employed by a clan.
          Hidden fortress is, but 7 samurai & yojimbo are ronin, master less samurai.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
            Hidden fortress is, but 7 samurai & yojimbo are ronin, master less samurai.
            i'm confuse, i'm pretty sure my post you quoted are about yoji yamada's samurai trilogi not kurosawa's epic.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
              I'm only familiar with the awesome fight in "Samurai Trilogy" with Mifone as Musashi. There is another one with a younger guy...only seen it on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watchv=AUZXkPOCVCo&t=12s
              the mifune's musashi trilogi is really underwhelming in my opinion. really doesn't pay homage to the original novel. if you wanna really watch the better adaptation try the 2003 jidaigeki drama version, is really long
              but worth it. i think the characters development even slightly better than the original novel.

try kissasian if you wanna watch it.

Comment

the mifune's musashi trilogi is really underwhelming in my opinion. really doesn't pay homage to the original novel. if you wanna really watch the better adaptation try the 2003 jidaigeki drama version, is really long
                but worth it. i think the characters development even slightly better than the original novel.

try kissasian if you wanna watch it.
                Thanks, I will try to find it.

I've read the book and did like it better than the movie, but there were a lot of smaller characters in the book and the movie was more concentrated on Mifune because he was a star. In the movie you wanted to smack his girlfriend because she was a crybaby.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
                  Thanks, I will try to find it.

I've read the book and did like it better than the movie, but there were a lot of smaller characters in the book and the movie was more concentrated on Mifune because he was a star. In the movie you wanted to smack his girlfriend because she was a crybaby.
                  you will definitely love the drama version then. the otsu in the drama version is different, she still crave that musashi's cawk and stalk him everywhere but her motivation is really different. they dig deeper into Otsu and Matahachi characters beyond the novel. when the 3 of them finally together again like in their childhood, it was really emotional scene.
                  Last edited by betmen; 06-20-2018, 09:18 AM.

Comment

not exactly what you're asking for but close enough!

#asianmob

Comment

Working...
                    X