No announcement yet.

In-House Fight Night - Dec 7th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
    I thought that I was replying to a guy who has a hole on the inside of his glove...…….Rockin'
    True, but long fingernails aren't the problem.

The lining is coming undone, the second pair of these gloves to do so. Also along the seam of where the thumb and main body of glove meet there is a hole on the inside and also the outside.

Comment

Originally posted by WonderMonkey View Post
      True, but long fingernails aren't the problem.

The lining is coming undone, the second pair of these gloves to do so. Also along the seam of where the thumb and main body of glove meet there is a hole on the inside and also the outside.
      Than maybe you just hit too hard and you're blowing out your lining because of too much power......Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by tcbender View Post
        Aye that's whats up homie! I'm sure you'll love 'em. Mine have held up great! Still like brand new other than a little blood on the stitching.
        My Rival RS10V's have arrived. No doubt they will make me punch faster, harder, and more accurately. Also I'm hoping they help on defense.

Comment

My Rival RS10V's have arrived. No doubt they will make me punch faster, harder, and more accurately. Also I'm hoping they help on defense.
          They are a lil wider than most so just get em up and youll be killin the defense.

Def a punchers glove. Wait til you start crackin those mitts. Id use em on the bag sparingly and not til youve broken em in.

Comment

This is the first week of the group training that is mandatory for the fight. I was in Tennessee for the Monday session but made it back in time for tonight (Wednesday). The first week was basics and the second week may be as well, though on week two they may implement slow sparring.

My task is simple, keep working on my boxing, and increase cardio as my leg allows. Done.

Comment

Wow, great session tonight! Did all my normal warmups and then before my mitts work with my coach he said "You use your core 'ok', how's that?" I said "'OK' sucks" and he said "Yep". During tonight's session, he said not to worry about anything at all except engaging from the feet all the way to my armpits. Don't worry about arm or accuracy, etc. just FEEL all the parts in the chain working. So that's what I did. Occasionally he would say something about something but overall nothing much. After our session I did some timed sequences on the heavy bag and again focused on engaging my entire chain. Then after that to cool down I did slow shadowboxing and did the same.

Tomorrow morning I workout on my own and I hope to replicate the feeling. I know I'll need time to make it habit but with iterative improvement, it will happen.

Comment

Wow, great session tonight! Did all my normal warmups and then before my mitts work with my coach he said "You use your core 'ok', how's that?" I said "'OK' sucks" and he said "Yep". During tonight's session, he said not to worry about anything at all except engaging from the feet all the way to my armpits. Don't worry about arm or accuracy, etc. just FEEL all the parts in the chain working. So that's what I did. Occasionally he would say something about something but overall nothing much. After our session I did some timed sequences on the heavy bag and again focused on engaging my entire chain. Then after that to cool down I did slow shadowboxing and did the same.

Tomorrow morning I workout on my own and I hope to replicate the feeling. I know I'll need time to make it habit but with iterative improvement, it will happen.
                Ayee that's whats up! Always cool when the concept goes into practice! How are the gloves treating you?

Comment

Originally posted by tcbender View Post
                  Ayee that's whats up! Always cool when the concept goes into practice! How are the gloves treating you?
                  Gloves feel great! I wear them when I'm doing official sessions and I wear my crappy ones when I'm working on my own. I'm hoping this gives them a better chance of drying out and staying nicer for longer. The new ones are not broken in just yet and I expect it will take longer than the cheaper ones, just like with ball gloves.

Comment

Today I am going to start my daily run. My calf/leg has been feeling great so I'm going to go across the street to an area where we have a loop and do the 1.3 mile one. I'll jog/trot just the turns and walk the rest, just to see how things go. I'll do versions of that as the week progresses.

So ..... here I go.

Comment

Trot went well. I am well aware that the cardio benefits of a slow job (slogging, they call it) are minimal and a waste when considered the time you spend doing it and what else you could do instead. For me it's about stamina on the lower leg. You all may not have this issue but from where I'm coming from in my leg/calf thing I get fatigue quickly down there. I need to do something that won't provoke the issue. If trotting gets me there I'm ok with it.

I did my trot yesterday and today I seem fine. Tonight is my session with the fight crew at the gym and tomorrow morning I will repeat my trot distance and approach.

Comment

Working...
                      X