No announcement yet.

Vitali Destroys His Opponents...His Punches Can Break Your Leg

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PD21 View Post
    I dont want to turn this into a Lewis - Vitali thread but if he learnt to keep his hands up he may have lasted abit longer vs Lewis. He'd been getting away with those bad habbits for years and has done since but when you step up in class you need a defence.

He prods with his jab and circles with it if he cant get round the guard, He also feints alot and makes funny faces when leaning back. He does all this consistently but what you'd never see consistently from him was a solid tight defence . He could learn abit from his younger bro in that respect but I think everyone prefers Vitali as the tougher "come to fight" brother and if he hasnt utilised a guard yet then he isnt going to start now.
    Lewis won on an illegal punch, it was a hold and hit, anyone with even a tiny bit of boxing knowledge considers that a dq win for Vitali. Lewis won just as much as Diaz beat Malignaggi or Pwill beat Lara. It might say so in the record books, but real fans know what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Die Antwoord View Post
      Lewis won on an illegal punch, it was a hold and hit, anyone with even a tiny bit of boxing knowledge considers that a dq win for Vitali. Lewis won just as much as Diaz beat Malignaggi or Pwill beat Lara. It might say so in the record books, but real fans know what happened.
      Yeah and Haye beat Wlad because of all Wlad's holding.

Comment

Originally posted by PD21 View Post
        I dont want to turn this into a Lewis - Vitali thread but if he learnt to keep his hands up he may have lasted abit longer vs Lewis. He'd been getting away with those bad habbits for years and has done since but when you step up in class you need a defence.

He prods with his jab and circles with it if he cant get round the guard, He also feints alot and makes funny faces when leaning back. He does all this consistently but what you'd never see consistently from him was a solid tight defence . He could learn abit from his younger bro in that respect but I think everyone prefers Vitali as the tougher "come to fight" brother and if he hasnt utilised a guard yet then he isnt going to start now.
        Once you're taught or used to fight a certain style it's hard to change it..I think he generates more power when he punches from the waist line..but he's keeping his right hand up when it's needed which is important..lot's of fighters fight with their left hand down.And that cut he received in the lewis fight was rather bizzare because what really caused the cut was from the thumb portion of Lennox glove pressing against the bone portion above Vitali's eye.

Comment

Vitali Klitschko is a very good fighter. But who is the best opponent he ever defeated? Sanders? Briggs? Hell, it may be Tomasz Adamek (we'll soon see). Adamek is more accomplished than anyone Vitali has beaten to date. If you're a two-time heavyweight champ, approaching 40, and your best win comes against Tomasz Adamek ... well ... that says it all. Doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by BoZz View Post
            Once you're taught or used to fight a certain style it's hard to change it..I think he generates more power when he punches from the waist line..but he's keeping his right hand up when it's needed which is important..lot's of fighters fight with their left hand down.And that cut he received in the lewis fight was rather bizzare because what really caused the cut was from the thumb portion of Lennox glove pressing against the bone portion above Vitali's eye.
            Yeah Vitali still has a good "defence" because it has been a while since Ive seen him caught with clean punches in any fight. We have to go as far back as Lewis and Sanders since Vitali has actually been in a hard fight. I think a reaosn for his longevity is that he hasnt taken alot of big punches in his career and thats down to being hard to hit despite an open guard.

Vitali had a number of cuts vs Lewis inside the mouth above and below the brow. His face was just a mess. It was as if he was using "all or bust" tactics. Didnt seem to have a 12 round strategy as you cant fight face first round after round against a guy like Lewis. Vitali might not have needed a great defence if he ended it early but as the rounds went on he needed to start blocking punches but he just kept trying to walk through them and was getting facial damage from the volume of shots. I do think that was the one night Vitali need to have his hands up as he may have outlasted the older man if he didnt have those cuts. Knowing Vitali though he fights everyone the same way and would have doen the same in a return.

Comment

solis damaged his knee after throwing his own right hand. vitali's grazing right hand had nothing to do with it. (sorry if this is a sarcastic thread)

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                Funnily enough, his opponents are often never able to produce a top quality performance after he beats them. Or before he beats them for that matter.

Lol, fucking Clegg!!

Comment

Originally posted by Die Antwoord View Post
                  Wait, youre bringing up an amateur kickboxing fight that was held on a wrestling mat 20 years ago...This is how amazing Vitali is, his haters can only bring up amateur kickboxing fights that may or may not have happened as the most legitimate article on it at the time stated, "“Our fourth Gold came from Pele Reid when, after some superb fights, he met Klitschko of CIS (Russia) in the finals of the 89 plus category...an opponent even taller than Pele! With little trouble, Pele KO’d the huge Russian in round two with a reverse spinning kick to take the gold.”

Yep...no first name, calling him Russian...sounds legit to me...but thanks for proving my point that Vitali Klitschko is the most dominant boxer of all time, only criticism people can even come up with is that he once lost as practically a teenager in another sport. Whats next, are you going to say he once lost to shaq in a game of 1 on 1 basketball?
                  So true... H2H Vitaly beats anyone in a boxing ring, anyone in history that has ever lived, lives, or will live. Ali, Foreman, Tyson, Louis, Marcianno, doesn't matter...

Comment

Originally posted by WladIsTheChamp View Post
                    So true... H2H Vitaly beats anyone in a boxing ring, anyone in history that has ever lived, lives, or will live. Ali, Foreman, Tyson, Louis, Marcianno, doesn't matter...
                    Yet he couldn't beat an old Lennox Lewis.

Comment

Working...
                    X