Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Picking the right headgear the first time.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a final update. I decided to go with the Adidas super pro training headguard. It was the only one that I could try on that fit and didn't move around my face. It is very comfortable and the vision was better on the one that fit me than I was expecting. It is lightweight to the point that I don't feel any extra burden from it.

You can find it on the adidas combat sports site.

acsgear.com

Comment

Originally posted by Allilang View Post
      Just a final update. I decided to go with the Adidas super pro training headguard. It was the only one that I could try on that fit and didn't move around my face. It is very comfortable and the vision was better on the one that fit me than I was expecting. It is lightweight to the point that I don't feel any extra burden from it.

You can find it on the adidas combat sports site.

acsgear.com
      "This model provides extra head protection with a padded high-density soft 'F85' extra thick EVA foam"

The exact headgear that I would stay away from.

Ringside has all that you would need. I'd get a competition headgear with cheek pads. Less damage to your brain.............

Comment

Thanks for your concern, but the padding isn't the soft puffy stuff that I found on most Korean sets. It is a strong firm outside and a slightly lighter inside. It does a very good job Deflecting the blow. I think your main concern was with the pillow-like ones that a good blow will go right through.

I was going to try on some of the ringside stuff, but it turned out they were just an office for a website. Adidas, Everlast and a few Korean brands were the only things I could possibly try on and inspect before purchase.

After trying a lot of different ones on, I knew it was too risky to order something online. Most were far too big for me and moved around my head. Others had serious vision issues.

Comment

Working...
        X