No announcement yet.

Kessler getting a title at 168 is not crazy at all

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kessler getting a title at 168 is not crazy at all

The division needs a spark. And he's still better than most at that weight with Badou Jack leaving to 175.

You really don't think he can beat Degale?

He looked terrible against Froch in the last one (so did Carl) and it's been literally years since then. I like the guy and want him to do well but come on now...

Comment

At 38 I don't know. He only has 3 losses and has a decent resume. It depends. If he's just testing the waters and wins fine, but if he adds as many losses as RJJ has then it's just stupid.

Comment

Only once hes in the ring will we know...until then its just speculation. Sure he was a great fighter in his prime...yes he looked less than great against froch last out. Is he done...or has the time out helped him heal and get over the psychological problems he had due to his near blind eye? I hope its the latter. Kessler was about when guys fought each other...and if he brings some of that back...then im all for it. I could dream about a prime kessler vs someone like lemeuix...super style match up.

Comment

He's done. When they return at that age they're never the same. His reflexes and timing will be off.

Comment

4 years it too long to be inactive. I'm surprised he never moved to 175, making 168 will be no easy task.

Comment

Working...
            X