Training to get back to health

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training to get back to health

Hey guys!

I used to train alot, both weight and boxing. Last summer, i suffered an injury in my elbows, i thought, but due to help from a pro, it were something i was born with, and currently training to get it fixed, and its getting better.

I havent trained since june last year, i suffered bad anxiety and depression, but im through it, and is talking with a therapist! My battle with the mental health is getting better and better each day, got a new girlfriend ( best friend the last 6 years ) and just got accepted to my dream education! so now its time to get my body in shape also, i dont want to train for fights or muscle, but for health and keep in shape. And i want you guys advice on the situation.

My weight is 85 kg and 183 cm 22 years old, im not fat, but i want to get down in weight, and get more definition and lose the fat on the sides. 78-79 kg would be fine i think. Cleaned up my diet to some bread/yoghurt with fruit each morning, and for lunch a salat with some meat and carb source, or some sandwiches ( not white bread ) with meat and salad. Dinner is meat, rice/pasta/potatoes and veggies.

Training 3 times a week, running each time then i do alot of back/leg/core exercises in circuit 3-5 sets of 10 reps.

Good job and good luck man

Comment

Good luck man. Let us know how it goes.

Comment

Thank you guys, my main focus right now, is to rehab my elbows, and then focus on cardio - Legs/Back/core circuit, 3 days each week, and more healthy food.

Maybe im gonna make this my log have a nice day.

Comment

Originally posted by Moller View Post
          Hey guys!

I used to train alot, both weight and boxing. Last summer, i suffered an injury in my elbows, i thought, but due to help from a pro, it were something i was born with, and currently training to get it fixed, and its getting better.

I havent trained since june last year, i suffered bad anxiety and depression, but im through it, and is talking with a therapist! My battle with the mental health is getting better and better each day, got a new girlfriend ( best friend the last 6 years ) and just got accepted to my dream education! so now its time to get my body in shape also, i dont want to train for fights or muscle, but for health and keep in shape. And i want you guys advice on the situation.

My weight is 85 kg and 183 cm 22 years old, im not fat, but i want to get down in weight, and get more definition and lose the fat on the sides. 78-79 kg would be fine i think. Cleaned up my diet to some bread/yoghurt with fruit each morning, and for lunch a salat with some meat and carb source, or some sandwiches ( not white bread ) with meat and salad. Dinner is meat, rice/pasta/potatoes and veggies.

Training 3 times a week, running each time then i do alot of back/leg/core exercises in circuit 3-5 sets of 10 reps.
          People here will disagree but I will outdo them in this argument.

Nutrition is 85% of the battle. Sort out your macros, food, nutrition and you will shed the fat and even gain muscle.

Weights and cardio are important, but NOONE can outrun a large dominos pizza or a bad diet unless they do a marathon everyday.

Start with the food it’s the easiest, don’t cut back loads of calories just make clever swaps eg cake for a fried egg, or crisps for some oats.
          Once you nailed the nutrition then really go for weights and cardio.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by abracada View Post
            People here will disagree but I will outdo them in this argument.

Nutrition is 85% of the battle. Sort out your macros, food, nutrition and you will shed the fat and even gain muscle.

Weights and cardio are important, but NOONE can outrun a large dominos pizza or a bad diet unless they do a marathon everyday.

Start with the food it’s the easiest, don’t cut back loads of calories just make clever swaps eg cake for a fried egg, or crisps for some oats.
            Once you nailed the nutrition then really go for weights and cardio.

Good luck.
            Damn right. As soon as I kept my calories to a minimum, the weight came off much easier.

Comment

Currently im running 3 days a week, and then im doing squats, superman ( back exercise ) and situps, with forearm exercises ( for my elbows ) and stretches.

Hoping to do pullups, pushups, situps in 3 months. But i rather go easy, get my elbows 100% ready!

currently im 82 kg in the morning, going easy though, just eating clean.

Comment

Currently im running 3 days a week, and then im doing squats, superman ( back exercise ) and situps, with forearm exercises ( for my elbows ) and stretches.

Hoping to do pullups, pushups, situps in 3 months. But i rather go easy, get my elbows 100% ready!

That's actually pretty good, better than me.

Comment

I think it is very smart to acclimate your body, your elbows and supporting "things", before tearing into it too hard.

Comment

Originally posted by WonderMonkey View Post
                    I think it is very smart to acclimate your body, your elbows and supporting "things", before tearing into it too hard.
                    Thats what I was thinking. Thats a bad ass workout

Comment

Working...
                    X