Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

George Groves: The point must be made...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

b-b-b-but Floyd doe

Comment

Originally posted by boxinggod101 View Post
        b-b-b-but Floyd doe
        It's alright, you can duck and avoid your hypocrisy.

Comment

Lol this is so true, TBE easily out boxed #48 and people got so mad. They were pretending he was fighting like Lara or something.

Groves definitely out boxed eubank too, it was a great performance
          Last edited by mcdonalds; 02-17-2018, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
            It's alright, you can duck and avoid your hypocrisy.
            How? I had Floyd winning the Manny fight and Groves winning the Eubank fight.

And than?

Comment

I don't get it. Eubank was left a bloody mess, kept falling around the ring and had a few moments of spaghetti legs. What possible correlation does that have to the Pacquaio-Mayweather fight? Floyd won that by scoring more punches in a snoozefest where nobody got a little bit hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                I don't get it. Eubank was left a bloody mess, kept falling around the ring and had a few moments of spaghetti legs. What possible correlation does that have to the Pacquaio-Mayweather fight? Floyd won that by scoring more punches in a snoozefest where nobody got a little bit hurt.
                Floyd: Averaged 1.2 clinches per round. Floyd gets accused of "hugging".

Groves: Averaged twice the number of clinches per round.
                Groves gets a free pass.

Groves was on the move almost the entire fight. Gets praised.

Floyd was on the move half the fight. Accused of "running".

Groves nullifies and manages distance against Eubank with an effective jab. Gets praised.

Floyd nullifies and manages distance against Manny with an effective jab. "The rat-a-tat jab, it's NOT ENOUGH! Not enough to win the fight!!! Round 4!!! Round 6!!!"

Groves bullies and tosses Eubank around in 3 of the rounds, throws rabbit punches in the clinch repeatedly. Gets praised.

Jeff "The Hornet" Horn bullies, bloodies and tosses Manny around in 7 of the 12 rounds. "Ref let him get away with MMA tactics!! Crooked ref!!!"

Sor "Minny Pacquiao" Rungvisai bullies, drops and bloodies Choco over 12 rounds. "Robbery!!! Choco won that!!! Headbutt!!"

All I'm saying is, I'm sick of the hypocrisy.

If Groves and his tactics beat Eubank fair, then Horn, Rungvisai and Floyd beat their opponents fair.

Comment

Yeah, I'll be that guy.

Groves won in a hell of a performance, the scores were too close, Eubank had the wrong strategy. That's all fact.

HOWEVER...just to point out.

Groves' performance: "Masterclass!! Eubank exposed!! Eubank can't fight!! Eubank didn't show up!!"

Floyd does the SAME performance against Manny: "All Floyd did was RUN! Floyd didn't do anything!!! Robbery!! Crooked judges!! Too much holding!!"

...just sayin.
                  I can't see any comparison at all, are you saying that Eubank is as dangerous as Manny? Because if you are....

Comment

Floyd: Averaged 1.2 clinches per round. Floyd gets accused of "hugging".

Groves: Averaged twice the number of clinches per round.
                    Groves gets a free pass.

Groves was on the move almost the entire fight. Gets praised.

Floyd was on the move half the fight. Accused of "running".

Groves nullifies and manages distance against Eubank with an effective jab. Gets praised.

Floyd nullifies and manages distance against Manny with an effective jab. "The rat-a-tat jab, it's NOT ENOUGH! Not enough to win the fight!!! Round 4!!! Round 6!!!"

Groves bullies and tosses Eubank around in 3 of the rounds, throws rabbit punches in the clinch repeatedly. Gets praised.

Jeff "The Hornet" Horn bullies, bloodies and tosses Manny around in 7 of the 12 rounds. "Ref let him get away with MMA tactics!! Crooked ref!!!"

Sor "Minny Pacquiao" Rungvisai bullies, drops and bloodies Choco over 12 rounds. "Robbery!!! Choco won that!!! Headbutt!!"

All I'm saying is, I'm sick of the hypocrisy.

If Groves and his tactics beat Eubank fair, then Horn, Rungvisai and Floyd beat their opponents fair.
                    I'm gonna call BS on this again. In the beginning of the fight, it was clearly Eubank who held. In the middle rounds, Eubank charged Groves head first while bending at the waist. Pretty much the way everyone deals with that is by headlocking the opponent.
                    Accusing Groves of clinching is the same kind of idiocy that lead fools to accuse Kovalev of clinching when Ward bullrushed him.

Comparing Groves movement to Floyd is pathetic. I'm not even sure how to respond to that. All Groves did was move to the right 80% of the time. You're insulting Mayweather by this comparison.

Sorry, Groves was bullying Eubank around? Gosh, I could have swore that we just established that Groves "ran" (your words) or moved around the whole fight. Eubank was the one brainlessly charging Groves like a bull and trying to pin him in the corner and throw windmills.

Rungvisai did drop Roman, he also headbutted the lights out of him in ROUND 1, causing a huge cut that bled profusely. Roman proceeded to whip his ass for the next 11 rounds causing many people to ask how the hell is Rungvisai absorbing that punishment.

You're attempting to re-write history centered around your favorite fighters, that is all.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                      I'm gonna call BS on this again. In the beginning of the fight, it was clearly Eubank who held. In the middle rounds, Eubank charged Groves head first while bending at the waist. Pretty much the way everyone deals with that is by headlocking the opponent.
                      Accusing Groves of clinching is the same kind of idiocy that lead fools to accuse Kovalev of clinching when Ward bullrushed him.

Comparing Groves movement to Floyd is pathetic. I'm not even sure how to respond to that. All Groves did was move to the right 80% of the time. You're insulting Mayweather by this comparison.

Sorry, Groves was bullying Eubank around? Gosh, I could have swore that we just established that Groves "ran" (your words) or moved around the whole fight. Eubank was the one brainlessly charging Groves like a bull and trying to pin him in the corner and throw windmills.

Rungvisai did drop Roman, he also headbutted the lights out of him in ROUND 1, causing a huge cut that bled profusely. Roman proceeded to whip his ass for the next 11 rounds causing many people to ask how the hell is Rungvisai absorbing that punishment.

You're attempting to re-write history centered around your favorite fighters, that is all.
                      Dude. Groves was holding on for dear life rounds 8 - 12 and you know it.

Which is fine. I'm okay with the tactic. I'm not okay with people who are blind to the fact that Saunders, Groves, Floyd, Horn and Rungvisai all used the same tactics to essentially nullify their one-dimensional opponents. I'm tired of people calling one fighter "running" and the other not when they're both moving around the ring.

Comment

Working...
                      X