Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder: I'm The Most Feared, My Record Speaks For Itself!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hitking View Post
    OMG here we go with this bull****. There’s no offer to be made. Hearn and Team AJ have made it clear that they’re not interested in Wilder, at least not immediately. You’ve stated that a couple times. That’s the main domino.

Y’all kill me. Y’all find a fighter y’all like and defend him no matter what. Then y’all take his chief rival and try and **** on him no matter what. What Hearn is doing is the equivalent of a father having a son that’s being called out by a kid his age in the neighborhood for a fight. The father intervenes and tells the kid that he needs to fight his son’s little brother first. I doubt any sane person would accuse the kid of ducking the little brother if he declined.

I’ve yet to see a single Wilder supporter not acknowledge that Wilder has a less than spectacular resume. Problem with his critics is that y’all don’t want to acknowledge that that’s not 100% his fault. Whether it’s Povetkin and Ortiz being popped for PEDS. Or AJ ducking him now. Its stupid. Call out AJ for avoiding Wilder the same way you call out Wilder for avoiding whoever. Makes you look like less of a fanboy.
    It may not be his fault, but he has no good wins

He isn't the 2nd best heavyweight either. You're acting as if this is like Golovkin/Canelo.

Joshua proved to be one of the best by knocking out Klitschko. Wilder needs a solid win for the fight to gain some proper traction.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
      It may not be his fault, but he has no good wins

He isn't the 2nd best heavyweight either. You're acting as if this is like Golovkin/Canelo.

Joshua proved to be one of the best by knocking out Klitschko. Wilder needs a solid win for the fight to gain some proper traction.
      So beating a 40yr old, coming off a loss and two year layoff proves AJ is one of the best. Aside from Wlad, AJ’s resume isn’t much better than Wilder’s. Considering Stiverne was a legitimate top 10, if not 5 heavyweight when Wilder beat him. And it doesn’t matter if YOU think Wilder is the second best heavyweight or not. It’s the most talked about fight in the division right now. If he ain’t ****. AJ should beat his ass and kill all the talk.

Also, saying GGG and Canelo were a clear one and two at middleweight shows a lack of boxing knowledge on your part. How the hell was Canelo a top middleweight when he had never fought a top middleweight?

Comment

Aside from Wlad, AJ’s resume isn’t much better than Wilder’s. Considering Stiverne was a legitimate top 10, if not 5 heavyweight when Wilder beat him. And it doesn’t matter if YOU think Wilder is the second best heavyweight or not. It’s the most talked about fight in the division right now. If he ain’t ****. AJ should beat his ass and kill all the talk.
        I'll redact your post to only show the pieces worth responding to

Stiverne was a legitimate top 5 HW at the divisions lowest point. Vitali had just retired, Haye fell from the rankings, Wlad had just beaten Povetkin, Fury hadn't done anything yet, Ortiz was unknown. You need to clarify what his ranking meant with context, but the context is conveniently missing in your post.

As for the bolded, you're correct. But that's not based on my view of Wilder, this is the view of organisations like RING and TBRB.

If Wilder isn't anything, why does Joshua need to fight him so quickly? The way I see it - Wilder is barking for a payday. If he wants one so bad, sell the fight more by getting a legitimate win, which he has yet to do

Comment

I'll redact your post to only show the pieces worth responding to

Stiverne was a legitimate top 5 HW at the divisions lowest point. Vitali had just retired, Haye fell from the rankings, Wlad had just beaten Povetkin, Fury hadn't done anything yet, Ortiz was unknown. You need to clarify what his ranking meant with context, but the context is conveniently missing in your post.

As for the bolded, you're correct. But that's not based on my view of Wilder, this is the view of organisations like RING and TBRB.

If Wilder isn't anything, why does Joshua need to fight him so quickly? The way I see it - Wilder is barking for a payday. If he wants one so bad, sell the fight more by getting a legitimate win, which he has yet to do
          Well Ring magazine has Tyson Fury, who hasn’t fought in two years, as their champion. AJ is their #1 contender. And Wilder is their #2 contender. Fury isn’t even currently licensed to fight. So according to Ring magazine, AJ and Wilder are the best two active heavyweights. Try again.

Just looked it up. The TBRB currently has AJ 1, Ortiz 2, and Wilder 3. Wilder was scheduled to fight Ortiz. But Ortiz felt the need to roid up and got suspended. So both your references have AJ and Wilder as 1 and 2. Like I suspected, YDKSAB
          Last edited by hitking; 11-04-2017, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Well Ring magazine has Tyson Fury, who hasn’t fought in two years, as their champion. AJ is their #1 contender. And Wilder is their #2 contender. Fury isn’t even currently licensed to fight. So according to Ring magazine, AJ and Wilder are the best two active heavyweights. Try again.
            Moving the goal posts there a little? But we can roll with that. If you disregard the RING's ratings, then fine. How about TBRB, or even places like Boxingscene? IWBR is another one.

Wilder needs a good win to be the universally recognised no.2. Otherwise, Povetkin, Ortiz, and Pulev all have decent enough claims to that spot.

I'm all for a Joshua/Wilder fight, but to say Joshua is ducking or that he needs to fight him ASAP is laughable. Wilder can make this fight huge if he becomes as relevant..

Comment

Wilder needs a good win to be the universally recognised no.2. Otherwise, Povetkin, Ortiz, and Pulev all have decent enough claims to that spot.
              Come on, now. Wilder was scheduled to fight both Povetkin and Ortiz. Not surprisingly, they BOTH failed drug tests prior to the fight. Maybe Pulev does, but those 2 don't really have decent claims to be licensed boxers, much less top contenders

Comment

Wilder wouldn't fight AJ for buttons.

Just stating the obvious.

Fight isn't that easy to make. It would be easier to make if Wilder actually had a promoter who promoted him.

Comment

Moving the goal posts there a little? But we can roll with that. If you disregard the RING's ratings, then fine. How about TBRB, or even places like Boxingscene? IWBR is another one.

I'm all for a Joshua/Wilder fight, but to say Joshua is ducking or that he needs to fight him ASAP is laughable. Wilder can make this fight huge if he becomes as relevant..
                  Are you living in reality bro? You referenced two publications that basically have AJ and Wilder one and two. According to Ring magazine. The only fight AJ can make that’s better than Wilder is Fury, who’s not an active fighter. According to TRBR, the only fight AJ can make better than Wilder is Ortiz, who was scheduled to fight Wilder, got popped for PEDs, and is now suspended.

Then you go super pathetic and claim Povetkin, Ortiz, and Pulev have claims to the legitimate #2 spot. Wilder was scheduled to fight two of them, and both were busted for roids. Here on planet Earth, that eliminates them.

Talk about moving the goalpost. There’s no legitimate reason for AJ-Wilder not to be next. And the only reason it’s not gonna be next is because AJ and his team don’t want it. And I’m on record several times saying I think AJ beats Wilder. But that’s irrelevant. It’s pathetic that they don’t wanna make the best fight happen. The only thing more pathetic is slurpers like you trying to justify a duck with horse****.

Comment

OMG here we go with this bull****. There’s no offer to be made.
                    You getting too emotional, I ask for the offer that was made to Joshua, you came out with fanboy rant, am not reading that rubbish...again he isn’t getting the Joshua fight next. If he fights another gimmick fight next for less money than he could against Whyte then he is ducking simple.

Comment

Working...
                    X