Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather CALLS FOR BOYCOTT ON WBC, WBA, IBF, "TOO MANY BELTS"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea like u guys been saying it's up to the fighters but i don't think the guys wanna give up that extra $ that comes with these extra belts in there fights. I don't get how the fighters like to pay that extra $100k jus for a stupid sanctioning fee holding the organizations belt, im not sure how much extra $ they get having a belt puts in the total purse to split between both fighters. I remember Cotto didn't wanna pay a sanctioning on top of giving GGG step aside $ so he could fight Canelo

Comment

Remember when Floyd said f Mosley’s welterweight belt

Floyd had zero respect for that sanctioning body

That flex worked because Floyd is a somebody

Would a young up and comer pass up on a belt and opportunity to become “champion”?

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
        Remember when Floyd said f Mosley’s welterweight belt

Floyd had zero respect for that sanctioning body

That flex worked because Floyd is a somebody

Would a young up and comer pass up on a belt and opportunity to become “champion”?
        its exactly what I said.

Originally posted by TheBoxGod View Post

The fighters have the power to only recognize one belt, The fighters have the power to only want to compete for one belt etc and by doing this it will render all other belts worthless beside the one they chose to universally recognize. But the figthers wont do it cause they are all greedy as well, 4 different fighters can call themselves champion, and demand championship pay and slap the marquee title of CHAMPIONSHIP BOUT on their televised fight which is a marketing gimmick that works.

The fighters are the only ones who can do this, its up to the fighters to stand up for the sport. Otherwise business as usual.

Comment

He's saying there is no Super Champion so does that mean he's sying Tank is the real lightweight WBA champion?

Comment

The reason they have so many belts and divisions is money and marketability. The reason there are 500 different little man divisions that are half a pound apart is that it is much easier to promote the little men as 'p4p #1' and promote their fights as being important which gets the viewers to pay in. Same for the belts, a way to keep every promoter and network happy with their own 'champion'.

Compared to the UFC, boxing is one big joke. There can only be one champ per division, end of.

I will also say this; imagine if there was a 180, 185, 190, 195, 205, 210, 215, 220 pound class? Guys like Usyk or whoever is the best at that point in time could clean up 5 divisions and become a 'legend' of the sport. The weight classes as they stand make no sense. Why is there a 8lb difference between MW/SMH but only a 7lb difference from SMW to LHW? Then after that you get a 25lb dif. to CW.

It's not logical or scientific at all, they just make up weight classes as they go. And sorry but if you are the champ of the 108lb, 109lb, 110lb, and 111lb classes and are undisputed, lineal KING of those four divisions, you ain't sh_t in my book, you're still just a little guy who decided to not eat one more chicken nugget to make a new weight class. "Hmm, should I have one more sip of tea to make the 108.2lb division and become p4p#1 or should I stay at 108lb? Hmm tough choice!"
            Last edited by 'b'; 10-22-2020, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 'b' View Post
              The reason they have so many belts and divisions is money and marketability. The reason there are 500 different little man divisions that are half a pound apart is that it is much easier to promote the little men as 'p4p #1' and promote their fights as being important which gets the viewers to pay in. Same for the belts, a way to keep every promoter and network happy with their own 'champion'.

Compared to the UFC, boxing is one big joke. There can only be one champ per division, end of.
              I agree. I obviously like boxing more than mma but in mma , you don’t have 4-7 champions per weight class in 17 weight classes with promoters talking about an A-side. Greed will destroy boxing completely within the next 30 years

Comment

I say let's boycot the cowards of boxing.

Comment

So the former WBC money, WBC emerald, WBC gold and WBC diamond champion thinks there’s too many belts in boxing...

Comment

Like the belt that Tank Davis has right now. Like the French fried belt that the WBC just created, like the dumb super Champion belt that the WBA created, soon enough both the IBF and WBO would create another belt to go to the level of the Super/French fry belt, and then everyone is now a champion after a few fights.

Comment

- -Ain't watchin' no double digit, unintelligible IQ woman beater bleating about title morality.

Where Tenshin?

Comment

Working...
                      X