No announcement yet.

p4p the best southpaw that ever lived [pic]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by straightleft View Post
    Maybe but the first time he fought a truly great fighter in Barrera he mentally folded and retired. Take note Pac is truly elite greater than Barrera. So I don't know.
    He didn't mentally fold in that fight, he took barrera far too lightly and, up to his usual tricks didn't train. i think the story was that he began in the gym 3 weeks before the fight and messed around most of the time. He was such a natural talent, with such a killer punch, that he got a terrific swelled head, and his ego was even more swollen.

When he'd be asked a question about a coming fight he'd flex his bicep and kiss it. This is one guy who TRULY believed that no matter what, nor whom, he'd never be "beat" (as he used to say).

Barrera came fully prepared, and won 116-112 all 3 cards if I recall. That was not a beatdown, it was just a messy fight because Barrera, instead of getting into the trenches as Hamed thought, and where he could easily have KO'd him, Barrera stood off and boxed him, often making Hamed have to punch from a distance and miss, and look foolish. Also when Hamed was off balance would be able to come in and hit him with nice combinations.

It was Hamed's ego which couldn't take the loss, he wasn't hurt, but embarrassed, and although he later had another fight which he won, had lost interest and didn't bother turning up to the gym again. He had loads of money and enjoyed tempting the press with occasional reports of comebacks, which never materialized.

That was the only fight he ever lost.

Comment

if ts put in Whitaker or Hagler, then yeah.

but the wanker put in hamed. shows how much this **** knows about the sport

Comment

Sweet Pea and Pac in no particular order because they were so different.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
          I think that Cotto had to come in at 145, but I'm not certain.
          was forced to fight at 145 and had to put his belt on the line unless he would have been stripped.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxeoBoriqua View Post
            was forced to fight at 145 and had to put his belt on the line unless he would have been stripped.
            forced?

cotto said the weight was a none issue. stop bitching.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryannn View Post
              forced?

cotto said the weight was a none issue. stop bitching.
              cotto said if he wants to fight me for the title, it should be at 147. b*tch!

Comment

How has Pac not surpassed Hagler, who stayed in one division his whole career, and only beat one great fighter? And no Duran is not a great fighter at 160.

Sweet Pea I can see. Though Pac is in the argument now.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                  He didn't mentally fold in that fight, he took barrera far too lightly and, up to his usual tricks didn't train. i think the story was that he began in the gym 3 weeks before the fight and messed around most of the time. He was such a natural talent, with such a killer punch, that he got a terrific swelled head, and his ego was even more swollen.

When he'd be asked a question about a coming fight he'd flex his bicep and kiss it. This is one guy who TRULY believed that no matter what, nor whom, he'd never be "beat" (as he used to say).

Barrera came fully prepared, and won 116-112 all 3 cards if I recall. That was not a beatdown, it was just a messy fight because Barrera, instead of getting into the trenches as Hamed thought, and where he could easily have KO'd him, Barrera stood off and boxed him, often making Hamed have to punch from a distance and miss, and look foolish. Also when Hamed was off balance would be able to come in and hit him with nice combinations.

It was Hamed's ego which couldn't take the loss, he wasn't hurt, but embarrassed, and although he later had another fight which he won, had lost interest and didn't bother turning up to the gym again. He had loads of money and enjoyed tempting the press with occasional reports of comebacks, which never materialized.

That was the only fight he ever lost.
                  Barrera outclassed Naz and ended his career. It was a beat down. He even slammed his head into the post.

He folded the first time he fought a great fighter and didn't even come back and try to prove himself again.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                    How has Pac not surpassed Hagler, who stayed in one division his whole career, and only beat one great fighter? And no Duran is not a great fighter at 160.

Sweet Pea I can see. Though Pac is in the argument now.
                    Hagler beat a lot more top competition than Pacquiao. I dont know if I would necessarily agree that Hagler is above Pacquiao, but you can make a case for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
                      Hagler beat a lot more top competition than Pacquiao. I dont know if I would necessarily agree that Hagler is above Pacquiao, but you can make a case for him.
                      Hagler beat better guys than JMM, Morales, Cotto and Barrera?

i'll give him Hearns and you can start listing the rest...

Comment

Working...
                      X