Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hunter: Ward Mistreated By Media, HBO - Why Wouldn't He Retire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
    I think the thing that most of the sensitive in their feelings/emotional posters are missing is that Ward wants a TV deal. The Kovalev rematch is being held up by HBO reluctance to give him a multi-fight deal that starts with a Kovalev fight. What's funny is that he has had the same message since the end of the fight...he is looking for the right deal. There has been no crying as people have said. He mentioned retirement once and now he gets asked about it. Even now, Ward isn't talking it's HUNTER.
    I didn't realize this. Thanks Ake. Greenk. I guess HBO's budget issues are still a problem.

You think he'd leave HBO all together and go back to SHO?

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      He says 14 pounds? What did he mean by that?

He said he couldn't make 168 anymore, and he has trouble making 175. How was he forced to go up in weight?

I remember HBO got Dawson to go down to 168 to fight Ward, and how badly weight-drained he was since he hadn't fought at that weight in years.

Ward made 5 mil to fight the man Kovalev whose world title were stolen. Kov received only 2 mil.

Ward got a job with HBO, even though he's boring as they come.

He was gifted a robbery win in the Olympics.

Ward had home advantage for ALL his Super Six fight, which enabled him to use illegal tactics such as head butts, arm-clamps, etc.

He's been treated like a king, despite being such a boring feather-fisted boxer. What does he want?

Ward has the biggest ego and the worst feeling of entitlement in all sports.
      This is 100% accurate.

And yes, Ward lost that fight and everyone, including those here defending him, knows it!

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
        Actually he said before the Barrera fight that he could get Ward to 168. Ward said 175 wasn't easy. Believe what you want though. Most folks were calling the situation that Hunter described in 2015. The fight deal HBO gave Ward was contingent on him moving up and fighting Kovalev.
        Ward specifically stated that he can no longer make 168 and even has a hard time and has to cut weight in order to make 175. Fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
          Ward specifically stated that he can no longer make 168 and even has a hard time and has to cut weight in order to make 175. Fact.
          Specifically stated?

"My body feels good. I don't think I can make 168 anymore. [1]75 isn't easy to make. I'm not doing anything crazy but it's not easy to make," said Ward.

Comment

Hunter has to hire a PR guy to talk for him cause he's not doing Ward any favors.
            With friends like Virgil, Andre don't need enemies.

Comment

This kinda thread is a perfect example of why NSB sucks, and why most of you are absolute dog**** level posters...

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                I completely understand Hunter's points and Ward's position. He is whining a little too much but I know it's got to piss him off to watch what is being done to his fighter.

The NSB response to his lawsuit was exactly as Hunter described as was the post fight reaction.

I hope he doesn't retire. He doesn't need to adopt a "Money" or some fake persona either. he needs to give Kov the rematch, and then keep fighting and move on to the rest of the LHW division.
                your bias here is obvious. Interesting how court judges are "all-knowing sages beyond reproach" to be honored and respected when it came to the GBP-Haymon "baseless" lawsuit result, but judges rule against Ward THREE TIMES in his suits against Goosen but somehow Hunter has a point about the media/fans not believing Wards claims??

Funny how that works......
                Last edited by OnePunch; 02-22-2017, 10:28 AM.

Comment

He got forced out of his division? GTFOH he wanted the money and the money was in another division, he made the choice to move up. I hate this whinny bullshhh. Kovalev was and is an HBO star, how is he making a name off Ward? How the media has treated him? The media barely talks about Ward, he won a controversial decision and they pointed that out but now that's an attack? Ward's camp sounds like a gaggle of preteens depressed they missed a boy band concert or some shhhh. Rematch or hang them up, you don't have many choices.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                    your bias here is obvious. Interesting how court judges are "all-knowing sages beyond reproach" to be honored and respected when it came to the GBP-Haymon "baseless" lawsuit result, but judges rule against Ward THREE TIMES in his suits against Goosen but somehow Hunter has a point about the media/fans not believing Wards claims??

Funny how that works......
                    I was speaking about the names posters called him and saying he was ungrateful, not about the decision made by the judges with regard to the lawsuit. I nor anyone contested the judges decision with regard to his lawsuit.

I get that you are trying to get back at me for yesterday's post. why not just respond to it yesterday?

my pointing out that your response felt personal clearly touched a nerve. You embarrassed yourself in that thread yesterday and a number of posters pointed that out.

Someone with your experience in the business shouldn't have made such an egregious error as you did in that thread. Then when called on it instead of admitting you were wrong or being honest about why you hate Haymon, you doubled down.

You can keep trying to mask whatever reasons you have for your clear bias against Haymon and Haymon fighters but with each event you weigh in on you make it obvious there is something else.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      I was speaking about the names posters called him and saying he was ungrateful, not about the decision made by the judges with regard to the lawsuit. I nor anyone contested the judges decision with regard to his lawsuit.

I get that you are trying to get back at me for yesterday's post. why not just respond to it yesterday?

my pointing out that your response felt personal clearly touched a nerve. You embarrassed yourself in that thread yesterday and a number of posters pointed that out.

Someone with your experience in the business shouldn't have made such an egregious error as you did in that thread. Then when called on it instead of admitting you were wrong or being honest about why you hate Haymon, you doubled down.

You can keep trying to mask whatever reasons you have for your clear bias against Haymon and Haymon fighters but with each event you weigh in on you make it obvious there is something else.

I dont hate Haymon, and have never even been in the same room with the man. But I do personally believe that what he is doing is bad for the sport in the long run, and will do permanent damage to a sport I love. Unlike some of the more naive posters around here, I dont want boxing to turn into a watered down version of a UFC type league.

If you cant see the difference between "hating a person" and "hating their actions", then perhaps its YOU who has the comprehension problems around here......
                      Last edited by OnePunch; 02-22-2017, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X