No announcement yet.

Breathing with mouthguard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breathing with mouthguard

How do you all perfect the breathing with a mouthguard in? Esp' when i'm taking a beating I end up barely breathing and getting very tired because of it, how do you lot make sure you breath and how do you breathe properly with a moutguard in?

breathe through your nose never your mouth

Comment

Originally posted by sterling View Post
      breathe through your nose never your mouth
      nuff said ... never the mouth unless the nose is busted or you could end up in a world of hurt!!!

Comment

this is hogwash when your real tired you cant always breath through your nose especially when one you get rocked in it and toward the end of a tuff round their is so much **** in their. I just recommend popping outside of reach clearing your nose and suckin in some good wind through the mouth and regroup. We all know to breath through the nose but not everything always goes according to plan

Comment

You should be doing all of your training with your mouth guard in, this includes running.

Comment

Use a properly fitted custom mouthguard and you will find that the problem is all but gone. try http://www.customguards.com. the pro model is most likely all you need and $50 is worth the investment.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
              You should be doing all of your training with your mouth guard in, this includes running.
              never ran with a mouth piece

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                I agree, except for the running part. I dont think you dont need it in while your running but all your boxing specific work and maybe your conditioning work you should definetely have it in to get in the habit of biting down instead of letting your jaw stay slack or opening when you punch. Also if you train always breathing through your mouth when you spar or fight you'll be ill prepared because your forced to breath through your nose and you get much less air that way, you might gas.

Breath in your nose and out your mouth, or completely through the nose.
                Last edited by Landon S; 06-19-2008, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Definately wear it all the time and get one that is custom made. Mine is a really good one in and the only problem I have with it is that I forget to take it out because it is too comfortable.

Comment

Working...
                  X