No announcement yet.

need help i might be able to boost my amature career tonight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help i might be able to boost my amature career tonight

hey i have been haveing these ****ty exibition fights because i have only been boxing for 2 an a half months av had 7 now i had one last night my record 6-1 but i,m redy for the next level my coach says he,s gonna watch me spar tonight and tell me if i,m redy but the guy i,m sparring is a really good counter puncher and he can make people look bad easily i,v saw him do it many times at the gym. whats the best way to fight him please this is important to me.

pressure pressure him. high work rate on counterpuncher. lighten up ur punches and emphasize speed ( harder to counter speed). thats just basic advice, g'luck.

Comment

Don't try to land heavy shots on him. Try to throw fast shots, and anticipate him throwing back, when you've thrown.

Try to feint shots to draw him to punch. The punish him. Counter the counter.

Comment

work your jab alot and feint and frustrate him Make him try and counter u when he shouldnt and make him pay. A counter puncher should have trouble if his opponent is good at choosing shots and not throwing big ones..

Comment

Can you counter punch yourself? Force him to go on the offensive. Backpedal from the beggining and make him the aggressor to force him out of his comfort zone. If you have him hurt, then really pour on the pressure of course, but get back on your bicycle soon after and don't get sucked into his game.

Never fight someone else's fight if you can help it.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchDrunk View Post
            Don't try to land heavy shots on him. Try to throw fast shots, and anticipate him throwing back, when you've thrown.

Try to feint shots to draw him to punch. The punish him. Counter the counter.
            OF THE ADVICE I READ IN THIS THREAD THIS IS PROBABLY YOUR BEST BET. KID ACHILLES MAKES A GOOD POINT OF FORCING HIM TO BE THE AGRESSER, BUT THAT DOESNT WORK A LOT OF TIMES. AND CAN LEAD TO HIM WINNING RNDS BY BEING THE AGRESSER. KEEP IN MIND YOUR LANES A LOT OF THE TIME THE COUNTER COMES RIGHT BACK DOWN THE LANE YOU PUNCHED IN. DONT DWELL ON IT JUST KEEP IT IN MIND.

Comment

Working...
            X