No announcement yet.

Starbucks says it will close 150 stores next year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starbucks says it will close 150 stores next year

Starbucks will close 150 poorly performing company-operated stores next year, about three times as many as it typically closes.

The company told investors late Tuesday that it expects same-store sales to grow just 1% for the quarter that begins next month, lowering its previous guidance. The stock slumped 3.5% in after-hours trading.

"Our recent performance does not reflect the potential of our exceptional brand and is not acceptable," Starbucks (SBUX) CEO Kevin Johnson said in a statement. "We must move faster to address the more rapidly changing preferences and needs of our customers."

Source:
    http://money.cnn.com/2018/06/19/news/companies/starbucks-store-closures/index.html

Good riddance

Comment

The silver lining might be that the beautiful snow bunnies might stop getting the bbc for losing their favorite drinks?

Comment

I only use Starbucks when I have to take a leak.

Comment

Good **** 'em. Maybe local shops with better coffee and food can take over.

Comment

I'm not surprised. I was just thinking earlier as I was stirring my home brewed coffee how I used to go to Starbucks daily which would now cost me around $70 a month for a regular coffee and about $100 for the double cup size that I make myself (which costs me next to nothing). Besides which they had opened them literally across the street from each other where I live.

Comment

Good...their coffee is garbage anyway..and overpriced..

Comment

I dunno why people go there anymore. Even small towns have hip/gourmet cafes nowadays. Any city has them every block.

Starbucks has become McDonalds + the "SJW" stigma and hobo syringe restrooms. Not much appeal.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                  I only use Starbucks when I have to take a leak.
                  Is that when this was taken

Comment

Their coffee is average at best..

Comment

Working...
                    X