Collapse
No announcement yet.

Berto rumored to be Pacquiao's first fight under PBC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow....is this what you get for signing with Haymon?...

LMFAO!

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
      If Haymon is smart he will tell Manny to fight on FOX, Pacquiao on Fox against Berto would be MASSIVe

But I doubt Pacman will take short money, Haymon should tell Manny if you fight on Free TV it would mean more money in a rematch with Floyd because people will see you destroy a guy and buy into the hype again.

We already seen the numbers he did with only a two day promotion on ESPN with Horn

Now if they can build up his fight on FOX and Pacman can excite than yeah that will drum up interesting in a rematch with Floyd

If Pac destroys Berto in front of Nationwide audience on FREE TV the kool aid will be sipped and the casuals will say Pac at 40 found the fountain of youth.

I bet Pacquiao on PBC on FOX would beat the UFC numbers on FOX.
      Exactly.... we have to remember that Mayweather-Pac II is not designed to appeal to hardcore fans. If not one hardcore fan buys it, the PPV will still do a million buys.

I could see a possible situation happening where Pacquiao gets way more than this fight is worth as more or less as an advance on a Mayweather rematch purse.

It's possible when we're talking about the silly money the first fight generated.

Comment

Originally posted by CodeBreaker View Post
        C'mon, even if you don't know boxing, you knew who really won that fight.
        Fair take & I'd agree. But mainly I was just commenting on your take of Manny losing to Berto when Manny already has a official L to Horn that looks odd on his record. Sh^t man great fighters through history got weird ass L's in their later years that look off. Age is a mfer.

I expect Manny to beat Berto, but I for sure think Berto is a very live dog here. I'll be a lil surprised if this is actually the fight if they are doing a Floyd vs Manny II fight cuz it would seem a riskier than necessary proposition.

Comment

Idk I mean who the f**k knows, Manny's a cup of coffee away from being 40 so anything is possible, but I'd expect a pretty one sided affair if Berto/Pacquiao actually happened

I think it's a terrible fight if true, with Broner/Pacquiao at least the build up would be fun and it would undoubtedly do better numbers, but I can see the sense in a Berto/Pacquiao fight because basically it would be a showcase fight for his debut on PBC. Obviously it would be on free TV (or Showtime?) because Pacquiao is only a PPV fighter now if he has the right opponent across from him and Berto ain't that guy obviously

If they put it on a free platform like Fox I'd expect the numbers to do very well, a lot like Manny's numbers for the Horn fight because of name alone, Manny fighting on a free platform will be successful

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
            Exactly.... we have to remember that Mayweather-Pac II is not designed to appeal to hardcore fans. If not one hardcore fan buys it, the PPV will still do a million buys.

I could see a possible situation happening where Pacquiao gets way more than this fight is worth as more or less as an advance on a Mayweather rematch purse.

It's possible when we're talking about the silly money the first fight generated.
            Yup

It all comes down to if pacquiao can see the bigger picture, casuals have to be sold, and they easily fall hook line and sinker, if pacman vs mattysse was on espn tv and promoted for a month and people saw it they would be blown away at pacman destroying a shot mattysse, they need to hook casuals and they need to show his fight on FOX and build it up on nfl shows, the casuals will tune in and if pac destroys berto it would get them hyped, and if its broner and broner beats pacman they will then say broner has a shot at floyd and the ppv sells.

Comment

Damn, I was really looking forward to Broner-Pacquiao

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
                I’m asotonished by how little folks here know about boxing.

Berto is a grade A bum he has nothing for Manny even at this stage In his career.
                Some people thought Matthysse would win too... lol dont be surpised

People cant forget the MArquez KO and keep thinking Manny will be kod everytime he faces someone...

Comment

Working...
                X