No announcement yet.

New Rival Equipment

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Rival Equipment

I just got the new Rival Elite Bag Glove and its the worst piece of equipment ive ever seen. It says that its all leather construction, but this is definalty made of fake leather, and the ergo strap system is the dumbest and most uncomfortable way to make a velcro strap.
    Last edited by KanMan; 03-22-2007, 07:10 PM.

your a ****tard....

first of all, rival has better equipment than anyone else on the market and I havent yet met a person who says otherwise. And stop trying to knock canadian **** cuz all your **** is made in china just like rivals is. wake the **** up and stop talking ****, and by the way, you bought the wrong bag glove - you should've picked up the RB1, i have them and I havent had a problem yet.

Comment

they are the **** gloves. the construcion is ****.
      Last edited by KanMan; 03-22-2007, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Atleast Kanman is keepin it real... thanx for the heads up

Comment

thats what I do kid

Comment

Well I've got some Rival **** on the way, so we'll see how it is when it gets here. For the leather, synthetic leather can stand up to the beating a bag glove takes better than real leather anyways, so I don't really care.

Comment

I ordered 2 pairs of gloves last week, Ringside IMF Tech and Rival Elite bag gloves (14oz) and although both are desihnated 'bag gloves' they are very different, in many ways.

Below is the feedback that I've sent to Rival (and titleboxing as I bought them from there) as although I'm unhappy with the product it's too easy not to pass this on and if we don't things would never change. It'll be interesting to see what the customer service is around this from the companies also.

"I purchased some RB20 Elite bag gloves (14oz) from titleboxing this week (you didn't have stock) the service was good and I had high hopes for gloves.

Unfortunately overall I'm very disappointed, whilst they look great, for me there are 3 main areas that are issues.

1) The ergo strap does not support my wrist; it only just secures it as the fastenings overlap.

2)The quality and amount of padding in the knuckle area is poor/just adequate when compared to other gloves I've owned (title, ringside) - not good for a premium product.

3)The glove seems to be designed for people with very wide hands, even with wraps on there is a significant amount of side to side movement, which causes the glove to move when in use.

I actually purchased the gloves online and had them shipped to the UK (quite
              expensive) and as a result will not be returning them to title boxing (I've only used them for 3 rounds) because of the additional shipping costs. But because of these issues I won't be using them I don't think, which is a real shame.

Thought you'd appreciate the feedback and hope it can be used positively. As you seem to be intent on making high quality products, but I don't think that you've got it quite right yet with this glove"

I'll see what response I get and post the reply. If you're thinking about buying the Rival gloves this may be useful. I'm not saying that they're the worst product ever, but at the price point and with hindsight I think that I could have done a lot better and tried the Grant (less $) or Reyes (slightly more $) gloves.

JB

Comment

Originally posted by Bombz View Post
                I ordered 2 pairs of gloves last week, Ringside IMF Tech and Rival Elite bag gloves (14oz) and although both are desihnated 'bag gloves' they are very different, in many ways.

Below is the feedback that I've sent to Rival (and titleboxing as I bought them from there) as although I'm unhappy with the product it's too easy not to pass this on and if we don't things would never change. It'll be interesting to see what the customer service is around this from the companies also.

"I purchased some RB20 Elite bag gloves (14oz) from titleboxing this week (you didn't have stock) the service was good and I had high hopes for gloves.

Unfortunately overall I'm very disappointed, whilst they look great, for me there are 3 main areas that are issues.

1) The ergo strap does not support my wrist; it only just secures it as the fastenings overlap.

2)The quality and amount of padding in the knuckle area is poor/just adequate when compared to other gloves I've owned (title, ringside) - not good for a premium product.

3)The glove seems to be designed for people with very wide hands, even with wraps on there is a significant amount of side to side movement, which causes the glove to move when in use.

expensive) and as a result will not be returning them to title boxing (I've only used them for 3 rounds) because of the additional shipping costs. But because of these issues I won't be using them I don't think, which is a real shame.

Thought you'd appreciate the feedback and hope it can be used positively. As you seem to be intent on making high quality products, but I don't think that you've got it quite right yet with this glove"

I'll see what response I get and post the reply. If you're thinking about buying the Rival gloves this may be useful. I'm not saying that they're the worst product ever, but at the price point and with hindsight I think that I could have done a lot better and tried the Grant (less $) or Reyes (slightly more $) gloves.

JB

I wouldnt have said it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Bombz View Post

JB

So I take it you like the IMF Tech gloves? I wonder if the Gel Shock gloves (with the suede thumb and underside cover) are any good

Comment

Originally posted by McAlister View Post
                    So I take it you like the IMF Tech gloves? I wonder if the Gel Shock gloves (with the suede thumb and underside cover) are any good
                    I think the suede might irritate your face, wouldnt the thumbs brush up against your face and like cause rug burns????

Comment

Working...
                    X