Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Derevyanchenko: GGG Wasn't Scared; Team Had Another Plan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keyboard warriors really crack me up...they think a boxer with such an amazing amateur background, professional record is afraid of Dervy. Oh my. No, seriously. Oh my. People really think anyone at that level could be afraid. Boxing fans are just that - boxing fans and have no understanding of the business side and risk/award ratio.

GGG was not afraid of Dervy, but Dervy is a fighter who can cut you, against whom you can sustain an injury. Granted, an injury can happen with anyone, but the chances with Dervy would be higher than with somebody like Vanes. Why risk tens of millions of dollars just to have W against mandatory, which will bring you $1m or so? Think, people, think.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      GGG just fought a guy (Vanes) that Jermell Charlo beat @ 154 in 2015! The WBC has ordered Charlo vs. GGG! Let's compare them once they meet in the ring! And if they don't meet in the ring, then for your sake (and the many like you), let's hope it's not GGG who SWERVES the fight!

https://www.boxingscene.com/wbc-gran...winner--132401
      The difference is vanes hadnt been stopped ever and arguably won that fight gave charlo hell and fought on 3 weeks notice when he fought ggg. Monroe is washed up; has been knocked out has failed to knock out 2 journeymen since getting schooled by bjs LOL. Theres no amount of nut riding u can to do to charlo to say this isnt a trash fight and that charlo has a weak resume and 160 😂

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
        Only person GGG legit ducked was Ward at 164. He should have taken that fight. I think his team made him feel they didn't have confidence in him when they balked at that.
        Honest question, are you serious? Why does anyone really try and say GGG ducked Ward...it's obvious when looking at that situation that Ward was the one who didn't want the fight more (though to be fair I could see how neither guy/team would want that fight...good for legacy with hardcore fans but there was no money in it and one guy would take an L and lose his undefeated record, which sells).

And saying Ward was willing to come down to 164? I mean come on lol...he never negotiated on anything in his whole career, everything (super six/where he fought/weight with Dawson fight where he made Dawson come down to 168 instead of 172 or 175).

If we as fight fans want to see the best fight the best...we have to put aside our biases when analyzing these situations...at that time Ward was coming off of injuries/surgeries/suing his promoter multiple times...and also has a history of dropping belts rather than facing someone, and even his biggest supporters would surely admit he is notorious for being very hard to deal with/negotiate a fight with, because as a guy who grinds out decisions he knows he has a very small margin against other top fighters.

It is pretty well documented that HBO brought Ward and GGG together and GGG, as he has basically his whole career, was ready to fight. Ward citing his shoulder problems said he needed 3 warm up fights first.

Pretty good thread for information on the subject.

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=693323

Comment

Labelling professional fighters as "cowards" or "scared" is a sure sign of an internet warrior who gets bullied by the local kids.. Projection
          🤔

Comment

The only ones who considered it a duck were the Canelo fans who tried to use it as fuel to defend Canelos 2 yrs of ducking ggg to take lesser money fights vs low risk opponents. The situations are clearly different but Canelo fans aren't intelligent enough to figure that out.

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
              Only person GGG legit ducked was Ward at 164. He should have taken that fight. I think his team made him feel they didn't have confidence in him when they balked at that.
              By daggum a few years ago, sums it up pretty well:

when ward was the a-side ggg was willing to fight him on his terms but ward wasn't

when ggg was the a-side ward wasn't willing to fight on ggg's terms

when froch was the a-side ggg was willing to fight on froch's terms

common denominator=ward needs special treatment in order to fight. same thing happened in the super six where he wouldn't fight unless he had every fight in his home country while froch fought in 4 countries

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderFists View Post
                The difference is vanes hadnt been stopped ever and arguably won that fight gave charlo hell and fought on 3 weeks notice when he fought ggg. Monroe is washed up; has been knocked out has failed to knock out 2 journeymen since getting schooled by bjs LOL. Theres no amount of nut riding u can to do to charlo to say this isnt a trash fight and that charlo has a weak resume and 160 😂
                Man you should just stop. You sound like a fool.

I bet Vanes wouldn't even make it past round 4.

You probably would tell me Buster Douglas right now could beat any top 10 HW because he beat Tyson.... Smh

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  GGG just fought a guy (Vanes) that Jermell Charlo beat @ 154 in 2015! The WBC has ordered Charlo vs. GGG! Let's compare them once they meet in the ring! And if they don't meet in the ring, then for your sake (and the many like you), let's hope it's not GGG who SWERVES the fight!

https://www.boxingscene.com/wbc-gran...winner--132401
                  GGG has the fkn dumbest fans. Now shes arguing about what he did before Vanes went 3-3, moved up in weight, amd was fkn RETIRED for two whole years.

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderFists View Post
                    Hey stupid. I bet you $500 he lasts longer than Vanes did...

Comment

Monroe vs. GGG 6 rounds

Vanes 2 rounds...

Comment

Working...
                      X