Yo, -Kev-

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yo, -Kev-

2018 is gonna be lit RPG wise.

What are you looking forward to playing this year?

I've been looking forward to Vampyr for a while now.

In 2018 i'm going to be honest with you, I don't know yet. I'm kinda getting back into gaming now and learning about the best of 2017. But I want to hear news of Borderlands 3, Resident Evil 2 Remake, mainly.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

In 2018 i'm going to be honest with you, I don't know yet. I'm kinda getting back into gaming now and learning about the best of 2017. But I want to hear news of Borderlands 3, Resident Evil 2 Remake, mainly.
      Yeah, I've sorta been holding back for about a year or so, just getting by on bursts of Pillars of Eternity and Tyranny. I've also been dipping into my collection of older games, so my free time has flip flopped between writing and gaming.

Just recently upgraded from an ancient, but beloved platform (X58) to a newer variant (X99), so I'm gonna be sinking money into that PC for a while now.

Have you played/seen the Legacy of Kain series?

Comment

Originally posted by P.K Dionysus View Post
        Yeah, I've sorta been holding back for about a year or so, just getting by on bursts of Pillars of Eternity and Tyranny. I've also been dipping into my collection of older games, so my free time has flip flopped between writing and gaming.

Just recently upgraded from an ancient, but beloved platform (X58) to a newer variant (X99), so I'm gonna be sinking money into that PC for a while now.

f**k yeah, chipper, as Jim Norton would say. I used to know a guy who was trying to beat the first Soul Reaver, so got the strategy guide on Ebay and found a great walkthrough online for Blood Omen, played Blood Omen first, then Soul Reaver and got the other 3 games when they first came out for PS2. Kicks major ass. I liked the idea of a vampire protagonist and loved the ending of Defiance. Cool way to end the series. I heard there were talks of another game where Kain would have wings as well.

Comment

Me too. The last RE game looks really good.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
            f**k yeah, chipper, as Jim Norton would say. I used to know a guy who was trying to beat the first Soul Reaver, so got the strategy guide on Ebay and found a great walkthrough online for Blood Omen, played Blood Omen first, then Soul Reaver and got the other 3 games when they first came out for PS2. Kicks major ass. I liked the idea of a vampire protagonist and loved the ending of Defiance. Cool way to end the series. I heard there were talks of another game where Kain would have wings as well.

Bro, Simon Templeton (Kain's VA) is one of my favourite VA's of all time. He made Kain come across as noble as he did evil. Kain sparked my love for the villain protagonist, and to this day, is my favourite Vamp of all time, with Gabriel Belmont aka Dracula from Castlevania coming in second.

Did you see the cancelled LoK: Dead Sun footage? I watched this **** and almost cried. Had mad potential.

Comment

I ****in LOVED that aspect of the Lore - that Kain, despite all his power and eventual transformation, never grew wings because he was initially human. That differentiation between pure and mixed Vamps was ****ing awesome to me.

That's how I structure my Lore for my own fictional worlds. Ie mixed vampires have a stronger resistance to the sun and lower
              bloodlust, yet are weaker than those that are of pure blood. The stronger a vampire, the more humanoid it is in appearance, etc.

Werewolves similarly, if they have been turned rather born, can only achieve partial transformation, however they find it easier to control those beastly urges, etc.

I seldom use the standard rules/laws when creating my own fictional ****.

Comment

Originally posted by P.K Dionysus View Post

Yeah i'm easing myself back into gaming.

I played Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver on PS1 a long time ago and then I downloaded it on PSN on my PS3. I loved that game.

Comment

Me too. The last RE game looks really good.
                  I actually did not like RE7. RE is my favorite series of all time, but that game was very bland, no enemy variety, and I did not like the first person view for RE. It felt like a copycat game of other first person view horror games of today.

Comment

Yeah i'm easing myself back into gaming.

I played Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver on PS1 a long time ago and then I downloaded it on PSN on my PS3. I loved that game.
                    If you're looking for something that's cheap (compared to AAA titles) and that will take you a weekend or so to finish (8 hour campaign), give Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice a look in. It follows a crazy b*tch's journey to free her dead lover's soul. She's legit crazy. She hears voices and ****, and these voices actually help her in fights. Like the scream "To the right!" or "Behind you!" or "Beware the BBC!!!" during fights, and you as the player have a split second to react. The psychosis is even used during puzzles and ****.

PS: She's got great teeth.
                    Last edited by P.K Dionysus; 01-05-2018, 03:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X