Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hearn Confirms Deontay Wilder Doesn't Want Whyte Fight Even If AJ Is On The Contact

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
    It’s about control. They see Whyte as a pawn in Hearns little game of chess. And they don’t want to be used by Hearn IMO. There’s definitely a lack of trust between the two sides. Hearn already has Joshua, who is the star, and that gives him leverage. Wilders camp is just trying to maintain what little control they have.
    Hearn has a good rapport with Haymon, and has worked closely with him for a couple of years now co-promoting DeGale, so there is no lack of trust between the two sides.

Imo, the guy being used as a pawn in Hearn's game is Dillian Whyte, not Wilder. Everybody knows what Hearn is all about - making fights and making as much money as possible from them. He is very, very good at doing what he does, and that benefits the fighters he promotes as well as Fast Eddie himself.

Very few boxers have the luxury of being able to promote their own fights. If they started turning big money fights down because they didn't want to be "controlled" by promoters, the sport would be in serious trouble!
    Last edited by kafkod; 12-01-2017, 06:28 PM.

Comment

• Wilder asking for 50% and the fight in America tells me he wants absolutely nothing to do with AJ.

Comment

• Originally posted by NahMean View Post
        On today's episode of Sky podcast Eddie Hearn confirmed Deontay Wilder is all talk. Not only has Wilder priced himself out of the AJ fight by wanting 50% and not willing to budge on that percentage.. but Wilder has been going around doing multiple interviews saying he'll fight Whyte if AJ is on the contact to fight next and he's been claiming that Hearn is protecting AJ by keeping him off the contract and away from Wilder.

Well Eddie Hearn confirmed today that he called Wilder's bluff and offered Wilder a career highest 4mil to fight Whyte and said he is also willing to put AJ on the contract so the winner fights AJ in a unification later in 2018!

But Wilder and his team want nothing to do Whyte and have refused the offer and they will most likely fight Breazeale next!

Hearn confirmed they plan to fight Parker next and go into negotiations with Wilder holding 4 belts which will force Wilder to be more reasonable with regards to his percentage.
        I listened to the podcast and it doesn't say any of that. Completely fabricated.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
          Yea although Millar at the moment is pretty much a lateral move from Breazeale, although I do think he has more potential to be a bit better. Miller is much more entertaining as a talker though and with him being so huge I think that fight can be sold also, but if Miller is any good that fight may be able to be something a bit more Breazeale is never going to be more than he is.

Ortiz would obviously provide the stiffest challenge of the lot and would gain Wilder the most respect.

The question is does he need to chase respect at the moment because if he is one fight from Joshua all the respect he needs in on the horizon and Ortiz will probably still be around after. If Joshua is further off than one fight then Wilder is going to have to see Ortiz more than likely to keep his relevance high.

I just hope they come back quick whatever they do, Wilder doesn't need much of a rest and should be able to get back at it right after the holidays.
          Miller is not a top-tier fighter. He has no punch whatsoever.

Comment

• Originally posted by BennyBlanco View Post
            Miller is not a top-tier fighter. He has no punch whatsoever.
            I would agree with that but I would say there is room between Breazeale and top tier for Miller to end up above Breazeale and be a relatively meaningful win because of the hype generated during the build up.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
              Yea although Millar at the moment is pretty much a lateral move from Breazeale, although I do think he has more potential to be a bit better. Miller is much more entertaining as a talker though and with him being so huge I think that fight can be sold also, but if Miller is any good that fight may be able to be something a bit more Breazeale is never going to be more than he is.
              I agree. I wasn't impressed with Miller's last performance. Sure it was a big step up but he was fighting a flabby Wach who hurt his hand midway through the fight. But still, its a new name and a fresh face. Its better than a fight with someone we already know isn't anything special and has already be stopped by the other top guy.

Ortiz would obviously provide the stiffest challenge of the lot and would gain Wilder the most respect.
              I agree.
              The question is does he need to chase respect at the moment because if he is one fight from Joshua all the respect he needs in on the horizon and Ortiz will probably still be around after. If Joshua is further off than one fight then Wilder is going to have to see Ortiz more than likely to keep his relevance high.
              No he doesn't. Like many other PBC fighters he has his fans and his haters and they'll cheer him or jeer him regardless. His best choice would be to keep fighting a knocking people out (especially if its not Joshua's sloppy seconds) to build demand for a fight with Joshua. Sooner or later someone is going to have to blink when they run out of other people to fight.

I am not optimistic Wilder/Joshua gets done anytime soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                Wilder category of money isn’t anywhere close to Joshua’s, Wilder would virtually go from making like $1-2million against Breazeale to upwards of $10-15million against Joshua. So I think he would have to give in sooner.
                I don't like to speculate about money people get from checking accounts that aren't mine. Wilder's not starving.

Comment

• Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
                  I don't like to speculate about money people get from checking accounts that aren't mine. Wilder's not starving.
                  He would still be giving in sooner than Joshua. Which is great because we would get to see the fight sooner rather than later.

Comment

• Wow Eddie backing up his guy and saying the other guy doesn't want to fight... Riveting stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Biolink View Post
                      Wow Eddie backing up his guy and saying the other guy doesn't want to fight... Riveting stuff.
                      I know. It blew my mind as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X