No announcement yet.

Rewatched Wilder vs Ortiz - Trash version of AJ v Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rewatched Wilder vs Ortiz - Trash version of AJ v Klitschko

Just rewatched it. It was a great fight and both guys showed a lot of heart.

But.. It was like the crackhead version of AJ vs Klitschko. Less class, less skill, less style and less substance.

There's no doubt that AJ will decapitate Wilder with absolute ease. He's made for someone like Joshua to bulldoze completely.

You're right about it being a poor man's AJ vs Wlad.

In regards to AJ easily beating Wilder, I hope you're right but I'm not so sure. They're like polar opposites; AJ has good technique with poor conditioning, Wilder has poor techniques with good conditioning.

More often than not these sort of fights end up as a war of nutrition where the less skilled, yet better conditioned fighter comes out on top.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaspa9t9 View Post

In regards to AJ easily beating Wilder, I hope you're right but I'm not so sure. They're like polar opposites; AJ has good technique with poor conditioning, Wilder has poor techniques with good conditioning.

More often than not these sort of fights end up as a war of nutrition where the less skilled, yet better conditioned fighter comes out on top.
      War of attrition.

Comment

Joshua getting buzzed up by Dillian Whyte is something that has always stayed with me, I think at some stage Joshua is going to have to take a shot, and I'm not sure how he's going to react.

I don't think either guy takes the others best shots. Joshua is more likely to land that power, and more often, but Wilder is more likely to survive and absorb more punishment.

Comment

No it’s more like Joshua’s jaw is Taylor made for wilder to break, the way ajs knees buckled in the 5th would be a much worse scenario when that wilder right lands flush and aj goes snoring.

Comment

I have Deontay "Bronze-Bomber' Wilder vs. 'King-Kong' Luis Ortiz as leading candidate for FOTY for 2018. Do you agree?
            Last edited by 1hourRun; 03-09-2018, 06:19 AM.

Comment

I actually think Wilder-Ortiz was a more cerebral fight. Don't get me wrong Joshua-Klitschko was the better fight. However, Wilder-Ortiz was better in terms of strategy. Ortiz's strategy was to catch Wilder coming in with a counter. For the first half of the fight Wilder was able to avoid those counters and did catch Ortiz. It took a short right hand counter from Ortiz to catch Wilder as he was coming in. After that the fight turned into a war. You also have to give it up to Wilder for avoiding getting hurt more and bouncing back the way he did.

Joshua-Klitschko was more drama, but I disagree that Wilder-Ortiz was less substance.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                Just rewatched it. It was a great fight and both guys showed a lot of heart.

But.. It was like the crackhead version of AJ vs Klitschko. Less class, less skill, less style and less substance.

There's no doubt that AJ will decapitate Wilder with absolute ease. He's made for someone like Joshua to bulldoze completely.
                I came into Wilder vs Ortiz late after watching Bivol vs Barrera on another stream. The difference in sheer class between one fight and the other was startling.

That same difference in levels applies to AJ/Wlad Vs Wilder/Ortiz.

Unless Wilder got very lucky, very quickly, AJ would flatten him like a truck running over a rabbit.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaspa9t9 View Post

There's nothing wrong with AJ's conditioning, as such. He's just built to gas, like Canelo, no matter how fit he is.

No doubt, Wilder has the better engine, and better stamina. But I honestly can't see him lasting long enough with AJ for that to be a factor.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                    I have Deontay "Bronze-Bomber' Wilder vs. 'King-Kong' Luis Ortiz as leading candidate for FOTY for 2018. Do you agree?
                    Lol .. no way!

Both the WBSS cruiserweight semis were out of sight better than Wilder/Ortiz.

Comment

Working...
                    X