No announcement yet.

Prime Iron Mike versus Joshua or Wilder today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prime Iron Mike versus Joshua or Wilder today

If they scheduled a prime Mike Tyson versus Joshua 3 months from now, and then Mike against Wilder 3 months after that -- who wins and how

prime mike smokes bumbsquad. joshua is a real tough one.

Comment

Deontay & Joshua both win by KO. All hypothetical though, if Tyson can get inside of Deontays reach advantage he might be able to rock him.

Comment

Tyson had great headmovement, and that would've nullified the reach of both men here. Neither has delt with anything like the ferocity of Iron Mike. Joshua goes the way of Bruno for me. Wilder has the big straight right, but I'd expect Mike's perpetual motion to disarm it ala Bonecrusher. He might do a Ruddock and have a shoot out for a few rounds. But I think Mike knocks him spark out.

Comment

Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame View Post
          Deontay & Joshua both win by KO. All hypothetical though, if Tyson can get inside of Deontays reach advantage he might be able to rock him.
          How would either line a prime Mike up for big shots. Joshua is too slow and doesnt move he's head? He's a taller Bruno. Wilder has no real skill, couldn't stop Stiverne, and big punchers with only one shot like Smith were easily nullified. Prime Mike is on another level of speed to both these guys.

Comment

Originally posted by bluepete View Post
            Tyson had great headmovement, and that would've nullified the reach of both men here. Neither has delt with anything like the ferocity of Iron Mike. Joshua goes the way of Bruno for me. Wilder has the big straight right, but I'd expect Mike's perpetual motion to disarm it ala Bonecrusher. He might do a Ruddock and have a shoot out for a few rounds. But I think Mike knocks him spark out.
            I wholly disagree with him nullifying their jabs. Buster & Lewis both would class as Super HWs, both kept him at bay. I acknowledge he was washed up vs Lewis. His weakness IMO was a bigger man that could gauge the distance.

Comment

I wholly disagree with him nullifying their jabs. Buster & Lewis both would class as Super HWs, both kept him at bay. I acknowledge he was washed up vs Lewis. His weakness IMO was a bigger man that could gauge the distance.
              Mike didn't have good training camps for either of those fights, he was way past his prime when he fought Lennox and Buster Douglas got the longest 10 count known to man in that fight when he got dropped. We know Wilder's chin is suspect and Joshua stiffens up for 3 rounds every time he gets nailed. Mike wouldn't stop the pressure after landing a single big shot and it's hard to weave and slip vs a much smaller man who uses angles.

Comment

Prime Tyson pre-Douglas, under Rooney and before Robin stole his soul would absolutely murder AJ and Wilder.

Comment

Well we are talking about a prime Mike. Neither has a quicker Jab than Tucker or Biggs. And neither has the movement of them two. Buster was a super mobile big man, which neither of them are. Also I would argue that Mike wasn't near he's best with Rooney gone against Buster. Mike handled very tall men like Smith who had big power. Tall durable men like Tucker and Green. Powerful superheavies like Bruno, who was a good fighter who matched Lewis for 6 rounds. And Ruddock, who could box behind a jab and knock men cold. Whereas neither Josh or Deontay have ever see anything like Mike.
                  Last edited by bluepete; 05-04-2017, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Prime Tyson would have stopped them both inside the distance. He defeated big HWs before, guys who were 6'5", so their size wouldn't even be a factor.

Comment

Working...
                    X