• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Adesanya-Gastelum

What a scrap! This fight shit on boxing

Awesome fight! It was knotted up going into that 5th round

Comment

That might be the best MMA fight I've ever seen and I don't think I am exaggerating that was amazing.

Credit to both guys.

That was brutal. Gastelum might be the toughest m*fo on the planet.

Comment

Originally posted by led View Post
        Someone with Gastelum's cardio wouldn't make it at world level in boxing. He had Izzy hurt and went for a takedown multiple times and the taller man had time to recover and lean on him.

Frustrating fight from a fat blown up WW brawler. Great fight for what it was - a good war but the technical aspect left me shaking my head.

Whitaker is levels above

Comment

Originally posted by Just a Man View Post
          Someone with Gastelum's cardio wouldn't make it at world level in boxing.
          Its like saying that Floyd's level of cardio would make him a UFC champion.

Comment

Its like saying that Floyd's level of cardio would make him a UFC champion.
            It's like saying the standard in MMA is much lower. Tyson Fury is fat and fights at HW but doesn't gas that bad

Holloway vs Poirier was what a high-level MMA fight should look like, not some bloated balloon stumbling around on wobbly legs for the last 2 rounds swinging wildy.

Almost as comical as Cletus Seldin vs Yves Ulysses Jnr. but they put on a scrap so MMA fans will not question it.

Laughing as well at Izzy thinking he has anything for Jon Jones. Jones is superior in every aspect compared to Izzy and Gastelum's strength only lies in his striking and while he has decent power his one dimension isn't even elite level like Conor McGregor (one dimension being striking but at least it is or rather WAS elite).

If Izzy doesn't drastically improve his game then he is a brutal KO waiting to happen against Whittaker

Comment

WTF... hahaha How does it sh1 t on boxing??? Makes no sense...

Ali vs Frazier, Corrales vs Castillo, Gatti vs Ward...

Comment

Someone with Gastelum's cardio wouldn't make it at world level in boxing. He had Izzy hurt and went for a takedown multiple times and the taller man had time to recover and lean on him.

Frustrating fight from a fat blown up WW brawler. Great fight for what it was - a good war but the technical aspect left me shaking my head.

Whitaker is levels above

LOL, Wrestling is far more anaearobic than boxing. it's a different sport. Boxers break fast in Wrestling. tons of guys come to MMA gyms thinking their boxing experience will transition. They don't last a full class.

It's like a house cat thinking it can enter a lion's den. Don't work son.

Comment

Neither of these guys are that great. I always got the impression that Gastelum was supposed to be the Ww successor to Lawler, but he just wasn't disciplined enough.

He probably is a 'tweener: too big for Ww, too small for Mw. But he definitely hasn't been the exemplar of professionalism and discipline. He's only convincingly beaten two Middleweights: Bisping and Belfort. Guys who should have been retired for several years before they ever met him in the ring.

Adesanya is a lot like Silva, he looks great against smaller opponents who play to his style. But once he starts regularly facing opponents outside of that fabric, he'll look pedestrian.

Whitaker should beat Adesanya. Probably he'll stop him early. But Adesanya presents an awkward style match-up, and we don't know how much Whitaker has left. Whitaker might be around for several more years, with several thrilling title defenses. But we have to be realistic about how much he's already poured into the sport: not just the training, but those epic fights w/ that Cuban mongoloid with the needle-marked ass.

Comment

It's like saying the standard in MMA is much lower. Tyson Fury is fat and fights at HW but doesn't gas that bad

Holloway vs Poirier was what a high-level MMA fight should look like, not some bloated balloon stumbling around on wobbly legs for the last 2 rounds swinging wildy.

Almost as comical as Cletus Seldin vs Yves Ulysses Jnr. but they put on a scrap so MMA fans will not question it.
                    DC has great cardio. James Toney made a short comic stint in MMA and he was a great boxer.

Originally posted by HUGEBOXINGFAN View Post
                    WTF... hahaha How does it sh1 t on boxing??? Makes no sense...

Ali vs Frazier, Corrales vs Castillo, Gatti vs Ward...
                    My bad. I mean the current ones.

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
                    Neither of these guys are that great. I always got the impression that Gastelum was supposed to be the Ww successor to Lawler, but he just wasn't disciplined enough.
                    Gatti- Ward werent that great too. But their fight left a mark on boxing history.

Comment

Working...
                    X