Collapse
No announcement yet.

The GGG kettlebell forearm exercise

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw him doing this exercise before, tried it on a low weight and it felt like it was tearing my forearms apart. My forearms proportionally are pretty small though!

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
      What do you use to train grip?

You ever try those cheap ebay versions of them captains of crush hand grips?

I got up to a 250lbs gripper on them but then started to get this weird pain on the back of my right hand which just wouldn't go away.
      yeah i have the hand grips going from 100lbs to 350lbs in increments of 50lb. 350 and 300lb are ludacrous! i also get pains sometimes,it is east to overdo. but i did injure my wrist about a year ago and its never been as strong since.

i used to do a lot of overhand barbell curls which works the top of your forearm a lot. but i find dumbbells work the lower arms more than a bar, generally dumbbells are better for lifting as you work more muscles.

Comment

Originally posted by the_blueprint View Post
        yeah i have the hand grips going from 100lbs to 350lbs in increments of 50lb. 350 and 300lb are ludacrous! i also get pains sometimes,it is east to overdo. but i did injure my wrist about a year ago and its never been as strong since.

i used to do a lot of overhand barbell curls which works the top of your forearm a lot. but i find dumbbells work the lower arms more than a bar, generally dumbbells are better for lifting as you work more muscles.
        With each one up until the 250lbs gripper i felt my grip getting stronger but i think i've reached my limit lol....not seeing the progress on the 250 one and 300 or 350 would probably be impossible for me.

Comment

Yeah his forearms are massive, i'd love to see what else he does to train them(apart from wanking like).

Need more GGG training video's and more of him hitting the heavy bag. Love to pick up little things he does whilst training....he's got some unique methods i've never seen before.
          He also does regular wrist/forearm exercises with small/medium weights. And throws punches with small weighs. And uses weird barbells for other exercises. Check the latest Golovkin vs Jacobs videos and I think you'll be able to see him training forearms and wrists with weights.

Comment

With each one up until the 250lbs gripper i felt my grip getting stronger but i think i've reached my limit lol....not seeing the progress on the 250 one and 300 or 350 would probably be impossible for me.
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5dDbDOiS5k

some decent but kind of obvious tips in this video

Comment

Working...
            X