Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Murat Gassiev on Usyk Fight: It's All or Nothing!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brooklyn926 View Post
    You don’t have to change your opinion on who yous like or who yous think will win, but there’s no question who has the better “resume”
    Its bad enough that I'm speaking to a Usyk alt, but you...don't, lmao. Resumes aren't 3 fight comparisons. Foh lmao...

Comment

Good fight. I'd rather see Usyk win, if only because Abel Shanchez has become unbearably annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
        You better watch Lebedev Huck. Huck clearly lost Gassie clearly beat Lebedev and knew that they couldn't rob him with those **** scores. Usyk has no power and is easy to hit. He has good conditioning and has size and reach but that's it. Gassiev is going to walk through that and Usyk will run the whole fight. He will catch up to Usyk and finish him.
        I´m 100% sure that Gassiev will be on PEDs in Moscow. I just hope there will be VADA testing. Russia needs a success story now after their team got eliminated in the World Cup. They will do anything possible to let Gassiev win. If it becomes a close fight then judges will give it to Gassiev. BUT there is a mandatory rematch clause no matter who wins it the first time. The rematch is expected to take place in the US in mid December.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrij View Post
          I´m 100% sure that Gassiev will be on PEDs in Moscow. I just hope there will be VADA testing. Russia needs a success story now after their team got eliminated in the World Cup. They will do anything possible to let Gassiev win. If it becomes a close fight then judges will give it to Gassiev. BUT there is a mandatory rematch clause no matter who wins it the first time. The rematch is expected to take place in the US in mid December.
          Russia exceeded expectations in the World Cup. Those penalty kicks were strange. With that said until someone's is caught using PED's I don't accuse. We don't judges to tell us who wins fights anymore.

Comment

Russia had a good world cup, they got to the QFs and beat one of the favorites in Spain in the 2nd round. Football(or soccer for the americans) isnt one of those sports where fans jump on the teams and call them bums after a loss.

Anyway I think Gassiev wins, I've only seen them fight once in their semi finals, gassiev was more impressive than Usyk in MY opinion!

Comment

Originally posted by JayCho View Post
              Russia had a good world cup, they got to the QFs and beat one of the favorites in Spain in the 2nd round. Football(or soccer for the americans) isnt one of those sports where fans jump on the teams and call them bums after a loss.

Anyway I think Gassiev wins, I've only seen them fight once in their semi finals, gassiev was more impressive than Usyk in MY opinion!
              It depended on the opponent. Dorticos was the weakest semi finalist and Briedis would give Gassiev a very tough fight. Both Klitschkos sparred Briedis when he wasn't in his prime and even then they both rated him. Briedis doesn't look spectacular outside of the ring but inside the ring he is very effective.Ask anyone who fought and sparred him.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                Shawn porter fought usyk?
                From Usyk's amateur record:

2006-12-02 75kg Shawn Porter USA L 23:20 Harvey, USA Dual USA-UKR Dual USA-UKR 8:14

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                  This very well might be FOTY
                  Yep. I know this isn't the biggest fight, but it just may be among the best.

I have changed my mind on who to pick a dozen times. I am so stoked for this one.

Comment

War Usyk!

Comment

... Usyk and Gassiev are both enrolled with VADA CBP...

... and, of course, the Russians "will do anything possible to let Gassiev win"... (that's precisely why they took the fight in Moscow).

... as about the "rematch clause" in the contract: I only found this info on a Russian website...

https://ringside24.com/en/27410-usyk...-point-rematch

Comment

Working...
                      X