Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford To Garcia: Don't Quit Versus Spence, Like Salido Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TreJac View Post
    Well written my friend! Mikey's fanboys would lead you to believe that Mikey went through stiff competition when in fact, he did the opposite. I do give Mikey credit for taking the Spence fight but he's done nothing spectacular his entire career.
    this post is legit, Mikey has not really fought anyone, has he?

Who are the guys on that list? B class journeyman fighters, Garcia has never been tested for real, not even at the lower weights.

I think he knows it, so he is going for the most dangerous fight he can possibly make, which I think merits respect, GGG went in the opposite direction when confronted with the same problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
      Spence is going to **** Mikey up. Afterward you wont see Mikey attempt to fight the best at 140(Prograis) or the best at 135(Lomanchenko).
      Well see! That's why they fight...I thhink he's dumb as hell though. He didn't need to go this route??

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
        Who has Crawford beat? Spence is HUGE and even Crawford don't want that work. Crawford just a bully punk who beats up mechanics, smaller fighters, and bums.

He wants to call out a Garcia he should call out the one his size.
        Maybe you don't keep up with boxing news but Bud has called out Spence but Spence clearly stated, he didn't want to fight Bud! Stop making up lies! Go back and check the video! If bud is beating up mechanics, bums, & smaller fighters, what do you call Mikey's opponents because his resume is worst?

Comment

I'm actually glad Crawford brought that up. By round 7 Salido was still on Garcia, and Mikey was clearly gassing. Salido was still coming, and Mikey was less and less effective. Some firmly believe that calling the fight was done on purpose to preserve the victory. It's hard to say.

Here is a big "what if" regarding the Spence fight. What if Mikey does incredibly well, winning 4 out of the first 5 rounds, then Spence's relentless attack is really taking it's toll. Mikey and his team know it is the beginning of the end, so they come up with a broken nose or broken rib excuse to stop the fight, thus winning it on the cards. Sounds crazy, but it may happen. Thanks's to Bud, more people will be more aware of it now.

Comment

Originally posted by TreJac View Post
            Maybe you don't keep up with boxing news but Bud has called out Spence but Spence clearly stated, he didn't want to fight Bud! Stop making up lies! Go back and check the video! If bud is beating up mechanics, bums, & smaller fighters, what do you call Mikey's opponents because his resume is worst?
            Man Double dippin Bob Arum don't want it to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by JWHardin View Post
              I'm actually glad Crawford brought that up. By round 7 Salido was still on Garcia, and Mikey was clearly gassing. Salido was still coming, and Mikey was less and less effective. Some firmly believe that calling the fight was done on purpose to preserve the victory. It's hard to say.

Here is a big "what if" regarding the Spence fight. What if Mikey does incredibly well, winning 4 out of the first 5 rounds, then Spence's relentless attack is really taking it's toll. Mikey and his team know it is the beginning of the end, so they come up with a broken nose or broken rib excuse to stop the fight, thus winning it on the cards. Sounds crazy, but it may happen. Thanks's to Bud, more people will be more aware of it now.
              If it's a legit punch they don't go to the cards. That will be a LOSS. You can't just fake injuries and quit when your ahead??? If you get your nose broken by a punch you got to still fight. Headbutts are DIFFERENT!

Comment

Errol Spence is better opposition anyone Crawford ever fought.

Comment

Originally posted by JWHardin View Post

More than likely Garcia will make a "business decision" and stay down from a body punch avoiding serious damage.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
                    Errol Spence is better opposition anyone Crawford ever fought.
                    True, but he has to beat him to get full credit. If he get's hammered which he will then he doesn't one up Crawford.

Crawford has a better resume of wins than Garcia and a better resume of accomplishments like #1 at 135 cleaned out, undisputed at 140 and FOTY in 2014 and the irony is if Mikey didn't duck the Gamboa fight maybe Crawford doesn't fight Gamboa and destroy him and his unbeaten record. Mikey is an excellent fighter but he's been more strategically maneuvered around to his titles and same style of opponents whereas Bud has faced more styles, more difficult styles.

Mikey gets a lot of credit for fighting Spence though and I wish him well and hope he makes a fight of it.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
                      Crawford's opinion on Garcia quitting against salido are shared by quite a few others.
                      Don't matter who shares what, it's still an opinion.

Comment

Working...
                      X